Saturday, February 16, 2008

DSQ thread, I'M TAGGED

Several days ago, I received these gorgeous hand dyed threads from Susan of Crazy Quilting For Fun. Susan is making crazy quilt blocks, of various mothers, grandmothers, aunts. I asked her this week if she still had room, and I was able to send in my 2 grandmothers, my mother and aunt's picture. Susan is now selling beautiful hand-dyed threads on her Etsy shop and my order came earlier this week. She named the first threads after Pat's mother, Lois. These threads are beautiful, soft and I can't wait to use them. I even got a beautiful lace motif to use in my CQ.


Also Courtney of Momma's Goodies is having a giveaway for the 100th post.


Meanwhile, I was tagged by Lea - Simple Pleasures


THE RULES:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Here are some facts about me:

1. I was born in Washington, D.C. and lived in Maryland until I was 13. It was fun going on school trips to the Washington monument, Jefferson Memorial, Smithsonian institute, the US Mint, and the 6th grade trip to Williamsburg, VA.

2. When I was 13, my dad drove us cross-country to visit my aunt in California, and my parents decided they liked CA. My dad left my mother, sister 2 brothers and I in a duplex, and went back to MD to sell our house, and move us to CA. We never returned to our home.

3. After I graduated from high school, I had the opportunity to visit Europe with a large church group and toured 7 countries in 21 days. Being typical teenagers, we were sort of skeptical about food we didn't know what it contained, and after not eating in the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, we got to Italy hungry. I discovered spumoni ice cream in Rome, and had 7 cones in 1 day!

4. Before I was into quilting and crazy quilting, I did watercolors, made porcelain dolls, and learned carving.

5. In 1975, before John and I got married, we sailed his sailboat from San Diego to Catalina.
I got the brilliant idea to sunbathe nude because we were out in the middle of the ocean. First night we stopped in Oceanside, and I was fried to a crisp!. Two days later when we got to Catalina, all I wanted to do was take a shower. We got off the boat and I discovered showers were $5 and I didn't want to pay that. This was around the time the first Jaws movie came out everyone at work teased me that Jaws was going to get me. We were moored in Avalon harbor, and John told me he would blow up the rubber raft and I could sit in that and splash myself with water and cool off. He told me he was going to take a nap. He slithered out the front hatch, down into the water, and came up under my raft and grabbed me. I thought Jaws had gotten me and screamed so the whole harbor could hear me!

6. John and I have taken many cruises, to the east Caribbean, west Caribbean, Alaska, 2 Mexican cruises, and one from Vancouver to San Diego. On one of the Mexican cruises, it happened to be a quilting cruise in which I met Judith Baker-Montano, and she invited me to come to Asilomar for her next class in the spring.

7. I love music, all kinds, and always love my music on.

OK, for this I will tag:

Susan of Crazy Quilting For Fun.

Candi of Candi's Eye Candy

May of AbyQuilt

Jan of Ms Jan Quilts

Sharon of QuiltGranny's Shoe

Karen of Karen South's Crazy Quilting

LouAnne of Getting to Crazy





3 comments:

  1. Oh, Gee! When I first saw the Jews preview on Japanese TV I was freaked out badly! Since then, I can't swin far from the beach. Yes, I'm still scared.*LOL*

    BTW, Those hand dyed floss is gorgeous. you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention on your blog. I will do the 7 things, but I'm behind! Someone else has tagged me for something else, and I have to figure out what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't Susan's threads the greatest!!! Your block is beautiful Karrin!
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete