Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stitchin Fingers, TAST

Last month, I joined Sharon B.'s Stitchin Fingers
and have joined a number of groups. I joined the Take a Stitch Tuesday group which I didn't have a chance to participate in last year, and this is going on the third week.


This was the first week's stitch, the herringbone. The picture is sideways and I can't seem to fix it right now. Since herringbone is one I am quite familiar with, I decided to use it in different ways than I normally do. I laid down some silk ribbon for the stems and used the herringbone to anchor it, and then the flowers are all herringbone. I was sort of following the designs on the batik fabric for the flowers.


This was last week's stitch, the buttonhole stitch. This again is one I am well-familiar with and decided to do something different.

I think I am going to use this week's stitch, the detached chain stitch to fill in my paisley shape.














Another group I joined was Fabric Postcards and I have made mine for my partner, but better not share that one until she receives it.

I also joined the
Hand Embroidery group
"Do it Your Way" stitch-along and will have to figure out what I am going to do my stitches on. That one starts July 1.











1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:11 PM

    A nice program indeed ! I'm sure you're going to make splendid embroideries. The ones you show here are soo magical !
    Congratulations, Karrin :)

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete