Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer DYB-Lyn's block


Another block I finished several days ago was this summer do-your-own block. This was another round robin in which you do your own block. I knew, from reading Lyn's blog that this was a California summer at the beach. She also had a contest at the time to name the guy in this picture, he was an Olympic star, and used to be in the movies. I thought to myself at the time it was Johnny Weissmuller, Tarzan, but was unsure of myself, so I didn't guess in her contest, and found out later I had been right.


Anyway, I chose to work on this block, as I am a California beach girl, even though I was born in Maryland and lived there the first 13 years of my life. I found in my sticker stash, a sticker that said Welcome to California, so I printed it up on fabric. I had also been saving the wave-looking trim for this block and added that. I added a surfboard, and some California poppies. I hope Lyn likes what I did.

1 comment:

  1. Love the CA poppies, Karrin. They are wonderful as stitched and in real life. The CA hills full of lupine and poppies is one of my CA memories from our years there. Love the lavender in your earlier post too.

    ReplyDelete