Friday, January 27, 2012

Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012-January







I finished my January block for the Crazy Quilt Journal Project.  Mine is going to be all about family.  This was with my mother and 3 siblings.  I am the tall girl with the ugly bathing suit on.  I had a sullen look on my face that day because my picture is being taken in this really ugly bathing suit, while my little sister with the lovely curly hair has a pink bathing suit on with little ruffles!  This was a fun block to work on and brought back memories.  I made a first attempt at the same block but it was too pastel for me.  I am thinking of finishing that one and giving it to my sister for her birthday this year. 








3 comments:

  1. Looking good Karrin, eager to see your progress.

    Arlene
    http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your block Karrin, and the blues are perfect! You remind me of me and my sister, she always had the pretty frilly, I always had the opposite. Hope to get my January block done before the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's so much to see in that block! I love the ocean wave echoing on top, and every bit of stitching is just beautiful. I'm sure your sister will enjoy those memories, too.

    ReplyDelete