Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TAST, WEEK 15, Stem stitch






Sharon B's TAST stitch last week was the stem stitch.  This is a
very familiar one to me.  This stem stitch here is going to be part of something else on my April CQJP.  This was done using DMC Pearl cotton #8.
















This sample was done using Kreinik  Very Fine Braid, which I have just started using for the first time.


Nothing too imaginative last week.  I have been taking some on-like classes as I have mentioned before.  Nancy Eha's Seed Beed Botany Class through Maureen's Vintage Acquisitions ended last week, but there is a new one starting May 22nd.

This week is the last week for Betty Pillsbury's Peacock in Paisley, also through Maureen's Vintage Acquisitions.

I have also signed up for Dyeing to be Beautiful- 3 Lessons by Christen Brown which starts in June.  I done some dyeing myself, but would like to learn more.

I really am looking forward to Sharon B's Sumptuous Surface Embroidery Class in May which is apparently closed.  I have been busy collecting my threads for that.

Today and tomorrow are my days off, and I need to get busy on my Peacock in Paisley, my CQJP and the
TAST stitch of this week, French Knots. 






1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Wow, Karrin, you've been taking some great classes! I like seeing the stem stitch here, and then the whole block when finished.

    ReplyDelete