Sunday, July 29, 2018

One Monthly Goal-July Finish



I'm joining Patty@Elm Street Quilts  for the July Link-up for One Monthly Goal.

I was pretty busy this month getting my 12 Days of Christmas in July Blog Hop project finished.

I stated my One Monthly Goal here.

Then I started working on my One Monthly Goal and to have a setback I described here.  

My one monthly goal for July was to finish 2 of these old, old stitchery/raw edge applique blocks done.  The problem I found out was that the homespun for my remaining blocks had disintegrated.  I started the Winter Berries block, and was almost finished except for the quilting but my finger started going through the fabric.  I checked out the remaining 3 yards of fabric I had left, and it was all the same.  If I stuck my fingernail up against the fabric, it would go through and rip.  I found some replacement homespun, slightly different but it will be OK I think. 

Anyway, I was able to finish up my goal today.



I will be linking up with Patty@ One Monthly Goal.

7 comments:

  1. My Blogger continues to have problems off and on, so this is an attempt to get comments sent to me,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on moving a UFO forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really cute blocks! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting the blocks done. If you still want to use the older fabric, have you thought of using light interfacing to keeping the fabric all together? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a wonderful finish. I think it probably feels great to be working on these projects and getting them out of the UFO column.

    ReplyDelete