Wednesday, August 15, 2018

2018 FAL,Q3-Finally got one done!

At  last I was able to complete one of my goals for the Finish-A-Long. Quarter 3, cohosted by Marci Girl Designs.

My granddaughter Kyleigh turns 18 on August 17th and is my kindred spirit.  She was born when I was 50, graduated the year of my 50th high school reunion, has the same love of the ocean, mermaids, whales.  I plan to take her back to college back East in a couple of weeks along with her parents. 

For a graduation gift, Kyleigh and I had a 4 day trip to the Monterrey peninsula in July.  We had a wonderful 4 days smelling the salt air, visiting the Monterrey Bay Aquarium and going on a whale watching boat where we saw humpbacks and tons of dolphins!





The goal I finished for the Finish-A-Long was to make thus cushion for Kyleigh.  She wanted some cushions to decorate her room at college.  This was #7 on my list here.  




I also took another one the mermaids stitcheries that Joy@Days Filled with Joy and her daughter kindly gave out several months ago. I did a bit of beading and fusible applique, and even a lace fish hand-dyed by my friend Nicki at Raviolee Dreams.  I love this cushion, I am going to have to do one for myself one of these days!




My daughter mentioned Kyleigh wanted lots of cushions.  I happened to have an orphan block leftover from the quilt I made for Kyleigh for her graduation quilt that I turned into another cushion.  




Then I decided to make a couple of pillowcases for her.  There was one with the whales





Then one with these cute funky Loralie fairies.  I had gotten this fabric for a pillowcase for Kyleigh at a quilt show a number of years ago, came across it again, and determined to get it done at last!








Kyleigh and I so happy to be at the beach!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your comments. Please leave an e-mail so I can thank you personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karrin! What cute finishes! Having grown up in So Cal, I love the beach too (and have a beach-themed bathroom. BTW, you’re looking wonderful!! I hope Kylie enjoys college. Catkiz (at) Xmission (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cushion! She is going to have the best decorated dorm room ever. I just love that last picture - great of both of you! You're going to have a great trip back east, too. Do you have a list of colleges to check out?
    dezertsuz at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have a wonderful trip like that with your grand daughter! Such beautiful memories :) Love all the cushions and pillowcases :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful set of cushions, your granddaughter's dorm room must be so cosy! Btw, she looks a lot like you, too.
    Thank you for participating in the Finish-A-Long!

    ReplyDelete