Sunday, September 16, 2018

Hand Quilt-A-Long (HQAL)


It has been a crazy 3 weeks.  First off as I was getting ready to do my post last night for the HQAL, I discovered I had no internet, TV  or phone.  although it was supposed be fixed by midnight.  This was after a week of having my air conditioner go out and my washer on the fritz.   Luckily I have air conditioning again, but am waiting for parts for my washer.

 Three weeks ago I posted I was working on this.


I did finish the stitchery, made it into a wall hanging to give to my friend in Massachusetts when we took our granddaughter back to college in Massachusetts.  I was in such a frenzy at the time finishing this up, getting packed and getting things ready for my brother-in-law to stay with DH that I neglected to take a picture of the finished project. 

I was also working on this Flourishes block, hand applique.  


I took this with me to sew on the plane trip across country, but the lighting on the plane was not so great.  I did happen to get 2 more apples and 4-1/2 leaves stitched.  6 more leaves and I can call this block done!  I am sort of bored with it, and finding it hard to motivate myself.


I hope to finish this in the next  couple of days.  Also I will be sewing my Time Began in a Garden blocks together.  This was an old, old BOM, designed by Sarah Sporrer.  


I have the components together.  It was a quilt-as-you go project, so it is already quilted.  

The Hand Quilt A Long organized by Kathy@ Sewing Etc.   This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I love to be able to respond to comments. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave your e-mail so I can respond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karrin, you have some serious appliqué projects in your basket, all beautiful. Your tree will be wonderful when finished. IS it stand alone, or part of a larger quilt?
    I'm curious, I have my settings set with my email, but not sure you can see it. Kidnotes@midco.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I got so far behind on commenting on blogs! I really like the pumpkin stitchery. Are you going to make one for yourself? You've worked hard on Flourishes lately, and are making great progress!

    ReplyDelete