Sunday, September 30, 2018

STILL ON A ROLL



  

This week I was able to finish another item on my Quarter 3 of the Finish-A-Long.   My original list was here.  Item 3 was to hand-applique 2 of the Flourishes blocks, by Piece of Cake Designs.  This was an old BOM I had done 6 blocks I think and then put the project aside.  The owner of the quilt shop that used to be in my town knew I liked to applique, and told me she would give me the materials to make a shop quilt and to make mine.  I made the shop quilt, and only got so far with mine.  So I am trying to get mine at long last. 

I achieved my goal this quarter and finished 2 of these blocks.


Several days ago, I was thinking about starting another pumpkin quilt, and had to stop myself, I am working on an old BOM, The Great Pumpkin Quilt by Briar Rose, so I prepped and machine appliqued 2 more blocks.


Then I prepped 2 more, I hope to be able to sew down in the next few days.



I talked about my squirrel problem last time here, getting side-tracked with another project.  I continued working on  my blocks and the base is done, waiting to hand-applique the crows, and flags and beehive on.  This is a Cheri Saffiote quilt called Crow's Feet in a Book called Wednesday's Best.


Right now I am working on my house on Sweet Land of Liberty.  I am working on this with Susan and Edi.

Well guess I'd better get back to the sewing room!

Thanks for stopping by

4 comments:

  1. I love comments! If you are a no-reply blogger please leave e-mail for me to contact you. I have found recently, that with very few exceptions, everyone is a no-reply blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, look at you go on all of these old projects. When I finish something that has languished for months or years, it really gets me motivated! The pumpkin quilt looks delightful, I hope you finish it this fall so you can enjoy having it out on display. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Cheri quilt, too. You may be working on several things, but you are making progress on them, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are really stunning! I, too, suffer from squirrel mode. On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete