Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wednesday Wait Loss #89

Jennifer @The Inquiring Quilter this week is featuring Halloween quilts.  I have made about 3 Halloween quilts, but have given away 2, and I am not sure I even have pictures.

One of the first quilts I made was a primitive Halloween quilt.  I called it Fall Pumpkins.  This was one of the first quilts I made, in 1995.  It was from a book by designers Gerry Kimmel, Linda  Brannock and Jan Patek called Collections Two.  I took a class at the local quilt shop, and as soon as I saw it posted, I had to take it.  So this was probably the second quilt I made, and I quilted it myself the best I could.  I still love this quilt!


The second quilt was also a quilt I took a class for in Sisters, Oregon during their quilt show inJuly2005.  I call this one All Those Pumpkins.  I can't remember the two women that taught this class right now, but I really enjoyed this one also, using a different background and different fabrics for all the pumpkin blocks.  


I'm linking up with Wednesday Wait Loss @The Inquiring Quilter.   Thanks for stopping by!





 State Fair Quilts Link Up - August 23rd!

3 comments:

  1. I remember the first one, and I've always loved it. The second one is great, too. I didn't go to Sisters in 2005, because we had so much else going on our first year on the road. I would have liked that class, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these quilts are perfect for Halloween and fall! I love the HSTs on the first quilt! The second quilt has a lovely variety of fabrics and pumpkins. Thanks for sharing both on Wednesday Wait Loss!

    ReplyDelete