Friday, January 04, 2019

2018 Finish-A-Long, Q4


I have really enjoyed participating in the 2018 Finish-A-Long this year.  There are a whole group of hosts, but  I usually hook up at Marci Girl Designs.  

Back in October, I listed my goals for the last quarter of 2018 here.

I did pretty well this time, I figure about 80%.

1)  Angel quilt by Cheri Payne.  Finish for my daughter for Christmas. Done.  Where I started was here.  

I did get it quilted and gifted for Christmas.  The front


And back



2.  Crow quilt to flimsy.   This is another Cheri Payne pattern.  This one was pretty much done, I just had some berries and my initials to applique on.  DONE


3.  Doll Clothes for Klara's BD doll by October 29th.  DONE.  



I made her baby PJ's, a hooded sweatshirt, pants and T-shirt, a pair of leggings and T-shirt.  most were recycled fabric from Klara's old leggings and T-shirts.

4.  Redwork embroidery of 3 Nursery Rhyme blocks for my SIL.  DONE.  She is going to put these together in a quilt for her first granddaughter.  They went through here on the way to Oregon for Christmas and just left after staying several days.  I was able to give her these three blocks finished.  Only have 3 more!



Old King Cole



There Was a Man and He Had Naught

There was a man and he had naught,
And robbers came to rob him;
He crept up to the chimney top,
And then they thought they had him.
But he got down on the other side,
And then they could not find him;
He ran fourteen miles in fifteen days,
And never looked behind him.

This was not one I was familiar with..



Ding Dong Bell

5.  Owl Redwork Table Runner for daughter.  DONE.  This was my own design, and I used leftover fabric from the 12 Days of Christmas In July blog hop table runner I did here




6.  Great Pumpkin BOM quilt to flimsy stage.  DONE..


7.  Assemble Christmas panels for daughters for Christmas.    NOT DONE.  I had gotten these on clearance at Hobby Lobby,probably about 9 years ago.  Never had a chance to work on them.  


8.  Do 2 more panels of Sweet Land of Liberty.  NOT DONE.  Lori at Humble Quilts is going to run another sew-along this year.  I decided to wait until that starts up.  I have been working on it with Susan at DesertSky Quilting and Edi who hasn't started hers yet,  This is what mine still looks like.


9.  Assemble my long-finished redwork ornaments.  DONE.  I made 3 sets at least 10 years ago.  I gifted them to my daughters, but mine have not been completed. I did finish them in time for Christmas and I was finally able to put them on the tree.  


10.  Get ,my Fall Into a QAL blocks into a flimsy by November 13th.  DONE.  This was a quilt-a-long hosted by Partners in Design.  I designed the center block.  



So that was it.  I completed 8 out of 10 of my goals this past quarter.  I'd like to thank the 2018 Finish-A-Long hosts, and I will be linking up at Marci Girl Designs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!   Karrin.






4 comments:

  1. Such lovely projects...I am going to quilting my quilt, when Lori does her quilt along. I remember home made doll clothes and how much I loved them, as a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with your finishing goals! Congrats on all the finishes!
    I especially like the angel quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on such lovely finishes! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how far behind I've gotten in reading! You did really well on your last quarter's goals. So many lovely things finished! I haven't gotten going on the next unit for SLOL, either. I have everything ready to make it happen, but it just hasn't yet! I hope to have some things to take to Tucson in February and work on them there, because I'm not taking a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete