This week, I finished #1 on my Finish-A-Long list for quarter 2. This is a graduation quilt for our oldest granddaughter Kyleigh. The project started out as swap blocks from a number of years ago. They consisted of Laurel Burch's line Jungle Songs and black Kona cotton. I decided to add a panel from Laurel Burch's Ocean Songs with a mermaid, and I made a braided border. I ended up making about 13 more blocks than the original swap blocks. To be able to quilt it on my frame, I was not able to add any further borders for the outside. As it was, I had to go back and separately quilt 4 inches on either side that was too long for my frame.
I have no clue why when I bought the fabric for this swap I bought so much extra but I was able to use up a lot of it on the back of the quilt. The quilt measures about 91 x 91 inches.
Two more items on my Finish-A-Long list, and I have actually almost finished an item that wasn't on the list, quilting a Wooly Flowers sampler, a UFO from 2007.