On the Buhl-Bushong Quilt front, I have gotten 4 blocks done, and 4 more crowns prepared for the applique. I'm really happy the way they came out. They aren't perfect, but at least my points are pointy.
She started out putting borders on her daughter's quilt, sort of log cabin style. She would put on one border, and then go to get the next one on, and she didn't have enough fabric, and then would start another one. This is the quilt top, very low volume prints and hard to photograph. You can see the corners here on both sides. Yesterday I took all the borders off to start over on that. Her tension was way off, so it was really easy to take these off.
This was the second small quilt she brought over. No major problems, I thought. I got it on the machine and started quilting it, a simple meander.
This is the new experience part. I am quilting along and all of a sudden I came to an abrupt stop. I was about 2 rows from the end. Apparently one of her loose tensions was in this block, and I got stuck in a pocket. In fact, I quilted myself into a pocket. I had to loosen some stitches to get my quilting foot out!
Luckily I didn't go very far. I picked that stitching out, ladder stitched that seam together, and finished quilting it. Today I plan to bind this one, and machine stitch it down, and then put the borders on her daughter's quilt and get it loaded up.
That is all for now. Time for me to think about preparing us lunch. Thanks so much for stopping by!