Saturday, December 28, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching


I can't believe how this year has flown past, and is almost gone.  It is time to report in again at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

I am looking forward to the quiet time to do my slow stitching.  After the hectic past couple of weeks, finishing gifts, entertaining guests, and watching grandchildren yesterday, it will be a joy to sit and stitch.

Today I prepped my border of the Buhl-Bushong quilt to be appliqued.  I got a little bit done tonight.  




I also started prepping the blocks for the Ella Maria Duncan Quilt.  Three of the four blocks this month have applique, and one is paper pieced, which is not my favorite thing to do.  



So that is what I will be up to this Sunday.  I will link up to Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching in the morning.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  It is one of my favorite activities on Sunday!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day of relaxing and applique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your stitching. I am looking forward to watching those blocks emerge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your leaves. I need to prep my next batch of Dear Jane blocks. I does help though not doing them singly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready to "hibernate" and do some stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not doing the paper pieced one. Evidentally, I'm not doing many at all, since I only have two done! The Buhl Bushong border I saw on Lori's blog was beautiful, but I don't know if you are working on the same one. All of them are pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to relax and have more time to stitch. It appears that there is a lot of prep work, but I'm sure it is worthwhile. That quilt pattern is a gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. The prep work is the key! I really need to prep my EMD blocks... I have one from last month still to do! Yikes, behind again. I will hand piece that paper pieced one again... I really dislike paper piecing so hand piecing is easier for me.

    ReplyDelete