Today is the big day for My Stitching Resolution Blog Hop, hosted by the fabulous Carla @Creatin in the Sticks. When Carla first brought up this idea, I had to jump at the chance. I have so many projects I would like to finish. This is a one-day hop, and no sewing was required, just come up with your resolution (s). Thanks so much to Carla for helping us get on track for 2021~
My Stitching Resolutions for 2021 are as follows: I have too many, I can't just post one!
1) Finally finish my lighthouse/sailboat quilt for my king sized bed, into flimsy stage at least. I started this 16 or so years ago, I did the center panel. Some quilting friends in a birthday swap made the sailboats. I planned to make Storm at Sea blocks for the next round, but I must have been cutting wonky because they were not right. I got the Accuquilt Storm at Sea Dies, and need to put them to use. I have quite a bit to go to make this king sized. I have never made myself a bed quilt, though everyone else in my immediate family, so I would really like to get this done.
2) Finish Buhl-Bushong into flimsy Stage. This was a BOM through the Virginia Quilt Museum. I got my borders done, and 5 center blocks. I need to finish the rest of the center blocks and sew them together.
3) Jaeger's Graduation Quilt. I need to finish this up, and quilt it. This is the Pieces From the Past Sewalong by Melva @ Melva Loves Scraps. I'm caught up with these right now, and as soon as the last few blocks come out, I will quilt it. My grandson Jaeger graduates in 2021.
4) Make brother Bill a lighthouse quilt for my SIL Char. He asked me if I would do this last year, and I told him as soon as I finished my bed quilt. Well neither got worked on. I am going to make it a priority this year. I actually have all the elements of a lighthouse BOM I never started, and plan to put that together for them, with a little enlargement to make it king sized.
5) Finish watching my Free Motion Academy videos , practice my motifs, turn my final projects and graduate. This is a class by HollyAnne Knight. I watched the first few videos, practiced a couple of motifs in the Fall. Then my grandchildren went back to school, and needed me to transport them after school, then in November my husband's fall, and rehab. So I missed the majority of the class and missed graduation this time. I would really like to finish this up, and it is high on my list. I need a lot more practice on swirls.
6) Quilt my Father Christmas Quilt. This was another long-term project. Made one guy, top right corner in around 1999. Finally finished this several months ago. I would like this done in time for Christmas 2021.
7) Quilt Frolic Mystery. This was Bonnie Hunter's Mystery from 2019. I plan to give this to a former coworker who got married several months ago.
8) Quilt Summer Sails. I finished this quilt that had been on my wish list for a number of years this year. I would like to quilt it.
9) Finish up CQ project. This was a project I started in Judith Baker-Montano's Crazy Quilt class a number of years ago at an Empty Spools Retreat in Asilomar, CA. I would like to finish this up, and I would like to gift it to a friend.
10) QAL by the Sea into flimsy stage. This was this year's QAL by Partners in Design.
I think this should be a reasonable list and hopefully easy to attain. Check out the other blogger's below and see what their resolutions are~
Wednesday, December 30th
Words & Stitches
Sew Many Yarns
Stitchin At Home
Ms P Designs USA
Life in the Scrapatch
Kathy Kwilts and More
The Joyful Quilter
Becky’s adventures in quilting and travel
Karrin's Crazy World
Quilting and Learning: What a Combo
Cynthia's Creating Ark
Quilting Patchwork & Appliqué
Homespun Hannah's Blog