This week I finished the first quilt in the Hands2Help Challenge. It was a pretty simple finish. Years ago, I picked up some blocks at an estate sale or something. They had what looked like redwork blocks with cherries in the center, actually it was fabric. This week I put those blocks together, pieced a piano keys border out of 30's fabric, and quilted it.
This finishes at 48x48 and I will be donating it to Quilty Hugs. This also happened to be #8 on my 2019 Finish-A-Long list for the first quarter, which was to get this to a flimsy. I went past that original goal.
In going through my 30s reproductions, I came across this, so will expand it for another small quilt.
I found this pile of scraps in with my 30's fabrics I need to get cut up to use. I couldn't believe the pile I had in there.
I also pulled out a container with this line of fabric in it. I knew I had some swap blocks. These are all different sizes. They were all done on a line of fabric that was called Bonnie Stratton Quilt for a Cure, all in blues whites and yellows. I bought A LOT of it at the time. I would like to use most of it up.
I had components to make some more baskets
But apparently these components I cut on the selvage, the white part. I guess that is why I didn't put them together
I'm thinking about having long strips of this fabric as borders/sashing. I have a lot of this too, yards and yards. I don't know what I was thinking. I did make my daughter a quilt with this fabric when she got married 19 years ago. I think I intended to make myself one too, but nevergot around to it.
I have a bunch more of these scraps to cut up too.
I think all this will keep me busy and out of trouble a few days!
Thanks for stopping by!