Thursday, March 14, 2019

Hand-Pieced QAL, Sew Lets QAL


I continue to enjoy working on my Hand-Pieced QAL blocks.  This was a quilt along hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin at Simple, Handmade, Everyday.  This week's block was called Bess,  This is the next to last block.  I have really enjoyed making these, and continue to thank Patty and Kristin for the inspiration.  

  




I'll be joining the link-up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.



Partner's in Design started a new mystery QAL this week called Sew Let's Quilt Along.   These are sewing related blocks this time.  Blocks will come out every 2 weeks.  This week's block was designed by Sandra Healy of Sandra Healy Designs, and you can find the block directions on the  previous link.  I really liked this block, and I have other plans for this one, I'm thinking about what else I will do to embellish this one.  Thanks so much Sandra for such a great block, I absolutely love it!




You might be able to guess my favorite color is blue!

Also this week, in a fit of organization, I organized my threads.  I have quilting threads, applique threads, machine embroidery threads, crazy quilt specialty threads.  At least things are not in 4-5 different places now.   I'm not saying my sewing room is organized, but my threads are!

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting your threads organized. I got my rulers organized today, so like you, a little bit at a time, I will make progress. Both of those blocks are nice. I am heading over to get my own sewing machine block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karrin,
    Your Bess block is so pretty in blue.
    So is your sewing machine, your fabric just makes it dazzle!
    I’m so happy you are quilting along in the Sewing QAL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color and very neat indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bess is looking good. Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

    ReplyDelete