Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hands2Help Finish, 2019 Finish-A-Long


This week I finished the first quilt in the Hands2Help Challenge.  It was a pretty simple finish.  Years ago, I picked up some blocks at an estate sale or something.  They had what looked like redwork blocks with cherries in the center, actually it was fabric.  This week I put those blocks together, pieced a piano keys border out of 30's fabric, and quilted it.  



This finishes at 48x48 and I will be donating it to Quilty Hugs.  This also happened to be #8 on my 2019 Finish-A-Long list for the first quarter, which was to get this to a flimsy.  I went past that original goal.

In going through my 30s reproductions, I came across this, so will expand it for another small quilt.



I found this pile of scraps in with my 30's fabrics I need to get cut up to use.  I couldn't believe the pile I had in there.  


I also pulled out a container with this line of fabric in it.  I knew I had some swap blocks.  These are all different sizes.  They were all done on a line of fabric that was called Bonnie Stratton Quilt for a Cure, all in blues whites and yellows.  I bought A LOT of it at the time. I would like to use most of it up.  


I had components to make some more baskets


But apparently these components I cut on the selvage, the white part.  I guess that is why I didn't put them together


I'm thinking about having long strips of this fabric as borders/sashing.  I have a lot of this too, yards and yards.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I did make my daughter a quilt with this fabric when she got married 19 years ago.  I think I intended to make myself one too, but nevergot around to it.



I have a bunch more of these scraps to cut up too.


I think all this will keep me busy and out of trouble a few days!

Thanks for stopping by!






1 comment:

  1. Your generosity is wonderful, Karrin. Someone will be heart comforted with that beautiful red and white quilt.

    ReplyDelete