Sunday, March 24, 2019

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Another 3 weeks has flown by since I last reported for the Hand Quilt Along.  I appreciate this motivation hosted by Kathy  I have worked on the last two blocks of the Hand-Pieced
QAL hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts, and Kristin at Simple, Handmade, Everyday.   I've had a good time hand-piecing, and it has been a great experience, with fond memories of my dear MIL and her hand-piecing and quilting.  







I've also gotten quite a bit done on the Flourishes Block, which is my One Monthly Goal, also hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  I just need to get the last yellow petals on and I can finish this up.




Also on the Facebook group, Quilts by Cheri-Friendship Group, we were working on a project in tribute to Cheri Payne, who died last year.   I decided to make mine into a pillow.  I'm running out of wall space!




Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  Nanette EdithSharon, Karrin, and Gretchen



I will also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching  Many thanks to Kathy too for her weekly motivation!

Thanks for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. You are doing a marvellous job on your hand pieced blocks! I must catch up this week!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hand pieced blocks are not easy I think! Especially the second one, I'm betting that took some careful stitching. Your applique is quite lovely with the red and yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks,and that appliqué is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karrin, I’m always so impressed with your hand piecing.
    Your tribute pillow is beautiful and so special.

    ReplyDelete