Thursday, March 28, 2019

Sew Lets QAL, Hands2Help

Two weeks ago, Partner's in Design started a new Quilt A-Long, a sewing themed one.  I can't see that I blogged about it before.  The blocks come out every two weeks.  Thanks so much to the Partners in Design for this Quilt A-Long.  

The first block was a sewing machine, which I really loved.  This was designed by Sandra Healy of Sandra Healy Designs.  You can click that link and get the pattern there.  


This week's block was designed by April Adams of Janda Bend Quilts.  You can go to her site and download the pattern.  She had embroidered "Quilt Along With Me, the Best is Yet to be" on the mug, but I chose to use this quilt block named fabric instead. 



My other finish so far this week is this flimsy for the Hands2Help Project. It's not too late to sign up for this project at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.   I plan to donate this to the charity Quilty Hugs.  Just need to get some batting and backing together and I can start quilting it.  It measures 48x48.    The star blocks are something I have had for years, I picked up at an estate sale or something.  I decided to make a stringy border.  I ran outside today to get a pic before it started raining again.   




Thanks for stopping by!    Karrin

2 comments:

  1. Such great eye candy in this post. I love your red top for Quilty Hugs! I give most of my H2H quilts to them because Emily is local to me, so we can just meet up for the hand-off. Then I can buy more fabric with the postage $ saved. (That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both your blocks. If I don't get busy this week, I'll be behind three blocks and never catch up!

    ReplyDelete