Sunday, March 03, 2019

Hand Quilt-Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

In the Hand Quilt-Along we post every three weeks, and I have had a lot of hand stitching in this time.

Most of this I have already posted about. 

I continue to work on the Hand-Pieced Quilt-Along hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin at Simple, Handmade, Everyday  These are the last two week's blocks.  We just did #6 out of 9 blocks this week.  I find these very relaxing and don't take long at all.   The blocks are the same size, I don't know why one appears larger.





I finished my One Monthly Goal for February, which is hosted by Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  It was to applique this block #10 of Flourishes by Piece of Cake Designs.  This next week, I will be prepping block 11, as it is my One Monthly Goal for March.  



I also joined Barbara Brackman's Hospital Sketches QAL, a Civil War applique quilt. I finished February's block the last day of February.


And I have started on March's block.


Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyLoriMargaretKerryEmmaTracyDebConnieSusan,  Nanette EdithSharonKarrin, and Gretchen


I'm also hand stitching on a Vintage Christmas Ornament QAL hosted by Shelly of Prairie Moon Quilts.   The directions for the ornaments are on the blog The Life of Hazel Ilene, a quilt-along blog dedicated to a diary her mother kept from her teenage years.  This QAL has an embroidered version and appliqued version which I am doing. This was my first ornament.  It looks a little wonky,  but I didn't want to take that trim off and redo it.  




Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Those hand pieced blocks and your appliqué block are all beautiful, Karrin! Are you doing the hand piecing using templates or rotary cutting? Do you find them easy to stitch accuratel as co pared to the machine? You and I both are ready to finish our long standing appliqué projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another week of lovely stitching to be seen here. I am loving your flower blocks. They are filled with such happiness and delight. Sweet Christmas decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stitched so much! The Elm Street QAL is really a nice community and the fabric you have chose for your squares looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete