Recently Shelly at Prairie Moon Quilts
had a 3 day challenge, cleaning off your main surface work area, cleaning up a pile of stuff, and the third challenge was to perform a project assessment, noting your UFOs, etc. I thank Shelly for motivating me to take a hard look at what I have. I weeded out some projects I will never do, I don't know why I even got them. I have a stack of stuff in my office to put up for sale, quilt kits, books and several BOMs.
I spent several days performing this assessment. I tossed everything out of the top of my sewing room closet. The top shelf, to the ceiling is about 3 feet tall. I can stuff a lot of stuff up there. Plus there is another area about 1.5 feet wide x 4 feet tall.
I also have an antique dresser that is 40 inches long, has 2 drawers in it that are 13 inches deep and 15 inches wide. I can stuff a lot of stuff in there too.
These are the results of my assessment:
27 UFOs Items I have already started.
44 Quilt kits. Most of these I have assembled myself at the time I bought a book and liked quilts in it, collected the fabric and bagged it up.
28 BOMs Not started
21 Crazy quilt UFOs A lot of these were block swaps on Crazy Quilt International, plus a Crazy Quilt Journal Project
14 Wool Projects Not started
3 Quilt tops Need Quilted.
Not a great picture,but it has been dreary and rainy and the lighting in this room is not great unless the sun is shining. Today I plan to work on the orange alternate blocks.
I've been working on my Dust off a Quilt Book project. This is a project I have wanted to make, since almost I started quilting. I'm making it for DH,who has to sleep in a hospital bed in the living room due to mobility issues. Right now I can't show my project, but I can show one portion that is giving me fits. This book uses templates for the pieced elements. A large part of the quilt is applique, so that is no problem for me.
It needs to fit at the bottom of one of the background applique blocks I am doing. I was very careful, in trying to keep the points. It is 1" too big. I made it a second time, it is 1 inch too big. DH told me just to cut 1/2 inch off either side. But that would cut off the points. I wanted to use that brown star fabric in the middle one. And I have about consumed it. I can't use it a third time I don't think.
One funny thing happened. This one background I had this much left
I realized I needed 2 more triangles, and four 1 inch squares. I cut the squares out of the long one.
Then sewed my remnants together and cut out the triangles. Hopefully I won't come across anything else!
Well that is it for now. I've got my 2019 Finish-A-Long List ready for another post.
Thanks for stopping by!