Thursday, January 31, 2019

Hand Pieced QAL, Week 2



I'm again joining Patty at Elm Street Quilts and Kristin at Simple, Handmade, Everyday for the link-up for the Hand Pieced Quilt Along.  

I had fun with this week's block too.  So much so, that having seen someone else's block, I decided mine was too dark and I ended up doing another block in lighter colors, plus I redid last week's block too.  I won't have enough of  the background to finish the project, as I just have a fat quarter. but I will use it as much as I can.  


This was this week's block.



This week's block both copies.




Block #1 redo



Both blocks together.


Not sure I will make 2 versions the whole time, depending on time, but I might.  

Well I'm off to chase a squirrel.  Carla at Creatin in the Sticks  had a Valentine Quilt Block this morning I just have to make!

Nevermind that I have two of my grandsons coming to spend the weekend, starting after school today!

Thanks for stopping by!  Karrin

7 comments:

  1. Pretty colors! I love yellow and blue together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your blocks! Isn't this QAL fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now you have two quilts going Karrin, one in spring colors and one in fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are lovely, very pretty. I'm sure the stitching is relaxing. I had thought of joining in the Hand QAL but decided I have enough hand stitching going on. Have a lovely time with your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pretty blue and yellow fabrics together. The flower print is so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely block. Thanks for linking up as part of the Hand Pieced QAL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hand pieced blocks are looking great. Mine are so-so at best. I am glad to be learning though.

    ReplyDelete