Saturday, December 26, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

 Hope everyone had Happy Holidays!  We certainly did, although our youngest daughter Katie and her family are visiting her in-laws in Arizona.  Katie is the photographer in our family and is usually the one that runs around takes all our pictures.  I realized today, we neglected to take pictures of our gathering yesterday.  Granddaughter Kyleigh did take a couple pictures on her Polaroid.  

This week I was able to get a few more gifts done.  I usually make my grandchildren new pillowcases each Christmas.    I think this one was a panel,  but I thought John, my grandson would like it.  They have 4 cats.  This is one side.


And the other side.  


These are all five.  Keaton gets the one with dogs, Kyleigh the fish,  Jaeger the cars, and Klara the unicorns.  



Granddaughter Kyleigh also requested a Thanksgiving pillow cover for her seasons pillow.  This free Give Thanks stitchery I found at Creative Kismet.  


One of my gifts from my daughter was some Snaplock containers for leftovers.  I have been wanting to get some of these for awhile but didn't want to spend the money.  I unpacked them all today, and even got motivated to clean out the cupboard where they are going to be stored.  


Today I happily got my sewing machine back out, set up on the dining room table, along with my cutting mat and ironing station.  I have a perfectly good sewing room, but it is dark, and crowded.  I'm thinking of it as my storeroom I think now.  The dining room has good light and plenty of space to spread out if I have most of the leaves in the table.  I am trying not to spread out onto the kitchen table this time, just keep it in the dining room!  Wonder how long this will last?

Today I also made a Pieces From the Past block the sewalong hosted by Melva @ Melva Loves Scraps.  This is the Maple Leaf, first published by the Kansas City Start on August 31, 1938.  It will be a graduation quilt for grandson Jaeger who graduates in 2021.  


I set the quitalongs, and BOMS I had been working on aside when my husband was hospitalized in November, and with the Home Health people coming in and out it made it difficult for me to keep up.  Home Health has been discontinued now, so I should have time to start getting my projects caught up in the next few weeks.  

What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching this week is the November stitchery in the One Stitch At A Time Club by Kathy Schmitz.    I have been wanting to embroider some more.  



I'll be linking up for Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts.    Head on over and take a look at what everyone has been up to.  

Just a reminder, the My 2021 Stitching Resolution will be coming up on December 30th.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. I’m sure your grandchildren loved their pillowcases. I made one for my daughter with books on it. Your husband must be doing much better. Now if his home therapy has stopped. Take care and enjoy this quiet time between the. Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute pillowcases which I am sure the grands will love. It sounds like hubby is getting better and allowing you a little time to stitch now while keeping him company. May you have a healthy 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pillowcases, And I love the Thanksgiven pillow cover.
    You found the perfect pattern for stitching during the last Sunday of 2020: Grateful
    Happy and Healthy New Year for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so productive! Makes me a little embarrassed at my paltry stitching for this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillowcases look great. I haven't tried one yet, but have watched tutorials and may try a set sometime. And I love both of your embroidery projects.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gifts! Love those pillowcases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pillowcases! Great gifts. I love your leaf block too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pillowcases look like great gifts for your grandkids! I've never tried making pillowcases, and really should. Glad you're enjoying some embroidery lately, and also have a good spot to keep your sewing machine set up. Hope your husband is doing well lately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like new storage containers to cause one to clean out one's cupboards. All those pillowcases are fabulous; love those cats! It sounds as if your days have settled down a bit and you are back to enjoying more sewing; this is the best news. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed a lovely Christmas, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lovely Thankgiving cushion cover for your daughter. I think its wonderful when the family actually asks for something special to be made, then you know it will be appreciated and used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad your husband has improved enough to stop his home care visits! Love those pillow cases, it's a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pillow cases are so adorable and your Give Thanks embroidery turned out lovely, I made one of those too. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so glad that things have calmed down a bit! If you are making plans for stitching, your husband must be improving, hurrah! Pillowcases make great gifts, especially when you can individualize them so easily! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of good projects finished, and new ones to replace them! Routine will be nice.

    ReplyDelete