Saturday, December 05, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching, Decorating Done

 Another week has flown by, and it is time again to check in for Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts. 

I haven't gotten much handwork done this week, but I have worked a bit on this stitching on a block that will be a table runner for my daughter.  I had done these 4 gingerbread men previously.  



I thought they needed a gingerbread house to go with them.  




These were all free coloring pages I found on the internet.  

I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and see what everyone has been up to.  

The majority of my week continued to be participating in my husband's ongoing home physical, occupational, and speech therapies.

My grandson and his girlfriend did come over early in the week and helped me get a lot of my decorations down from the attic.  I did not get out my Christmas Village and people this year, I didn't have the energy to.


Corner of kitchen




The nutcrackers


The Nativity Scene my mother-in-law painted after we married


This ceramic Santa I painted a long time ago.   And then the front room and entry way








Then later in the week granddaughter Kyleigh and her boyfriend came over and helped me decorate the tree.  I didn't think to get a picture before they left, but I sure appreciated their help.



If you didn't have a chance to see my post for the Virtual Cookie Exchange and Christmas Blog Hop, my post is here.  The list for the entire blog hop is included.  I got a lot of great recipes in this year's hop, and I greatly appreciate Carol @  Just Let Me Quilt for hosting this every year.

My daughter Katie came over this afternoon and stayed with her father so I could go get ingredients to start making Christmas cookies.   DH also requested the fruitcake that his mother used to make, which is mostly fruit, very little cake, and very delicious.  

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Your decorations are just gorgeous, Karrin! I'm glad you had help with that and hope they lift your spirits. I think the little gingerbread men and house will make a fun tablerunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those gingerbread men and the house the table runner is going to be lovely. Your home looks so festive the tree and decorations are beautiful It's hard work decorating the house for Christmas isn't it, I did it all myself for many years when the kids were small now I'm living on my own I have it scaled right down it's so much easier and not so many to put away either. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow!! Karrin, your home looks like a Christmas Wonderland. So many gorgeous pretties to look at. You have a seriously wonderful collection of Nutcrackers and your Christmas tree is a-sparkling with wonderful wonderment. Fabulous that Kyleigh and her boyfriend were able to help you decorate the tree. About those little gingerbread men.....yes they most certainly do need a house in which to live. =) Enjoy your stitching, lovely Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Your Christmas decorations are awesome. The gingerbread men and house are very pretty. I will make a great table runner. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG your house decorations are gosgeous! ♥♥♥♥♥
    That's cool your loved ones was there to help you with the decoration.
    The gingerbread cookies and the house will make a beautiful table runner, I am sure your daughter will love and will treasure it forever.
    I will check your post with your receipe for Christmas cookies.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it looks do festive at your house. So happy you had a more enjoyable week. Enjoy the season and your stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, You have a lot of cool decorations! I remember your nutcracker collection from previous years. DH brought up the tiny tree from the basement, but it’s not set up yet. Hopefully I will spend time on Tuesday decorating. Hope all is going well with you and John. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you've had some help with your decorations, Karrin. Wow, you have an amazing collection! It sounds like things have settled down a bit this week. We'll keep praying for your DH, that he would continue to recover and regain his strength, and that you get the rest and assistance you need at all the right moments. XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your decorations are just beautiful! I hope they have you and John smiling with memories when you see them. I have yet to start cookie making or prepping Christmas cards... I'd better get busy on those!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking very festive at your house! We have our tree up but it is not decorated yet. I still have Christmas cards to do too. I will work on those later this week.
    Hoping your husband continues to improve with all of his therapies.

    take care

    Gail

    ReplyDelete