Saturday, December 19, 2020

Slow Sunday Stitching

It's been another busy week.  We had a family dinner here for my son-in-law on Wednesday and I spent most of the day preparing a Mexican feast.   My daughter and two grandchildren traveled to Arizona the next day to spend Christmas with his mother and father.  He will be joining them this week to spend time too.  

I haven't had much time for Slow Stitching this week.  After the family dinner I was able to get my sewing stuff back out on the dining room table.  I got this table runner together with the gingerbread people and house.  It is pretty long, and hard to get a good picture of.  I am in the midst of quilting it, and should finish it in the next day or two.  This is for my daughter who is currently in Arizona so there is no hurry, they won't be back till after the 28th.  



I also finished this for my brother.  


What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching will be this Ella Maria Deacon block, which is still half done.  


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

After our family dinner this past week, my daughter wanted us to open her Christmas gifts.  One of my gifts was a set of mermaid sheets.  They are microfiber, which I thought would make me too hot, but they actually are helping my bad knee significantly, keeping it warm, and thus not waking me up all night.   


She also gave me this throw.  It is called chinchilla, but is 100% polyester, and oh so soft and warm.  


My daughter Katie and I.




My other daughter Kristen found this nutcracker at Ross the other day and bought it for me.  I love him!



I had a couple of great packages this week.  I won these Ruby Star Society FQ's from   @sarah_made on Instagram.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Also on Instagram, I exchanged some Civil War Fabric with Kathleen @takemetheretotes.  I offered her some of cuts of my Civil War reproductions, and she kindly sent me some of hers.  There was only 1 I had seen before.  


                                                                                                                                                                      My neighbor brought over a card and a gift today, and included in card were some old pictures, probably close to 40 years old, as my youngest daughter is 41, and appears about 18 months old.   Albert my neighbor dressed up as Santa and came to visit.    Also pics of John and my younger selves.  John never smiles for pictures, but he has a smile on his face here.   





Thanks for stopping by, and if I don't get back on till next week, hope everyone has a nice holiday!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

14 comments:

  1. Lovely projects have kept you busy, and oh those old photos must have been fun seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a busy week! The gingerbread men table runner is adorable - nice to have a little extra time to finish it up. Looks like those old photos were a lot of fun to see! My husband doesn't smile for pictures either - he says he's a cowboy from Wyoming and they don't smile, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories in those photo's! Love it. I like seeing how you prepped the Ella block, gives me ideas for getting back into doing mine as I really dropped off this year on them. Glad the sheets are helping you sleep through the night. May you both have a good Christmas week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a nice week despite being busy! They are great photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the old photos! and your blocks look great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a busy week, your projects are all lovely and what great gifts from your daughter it's good that the sheets are helping your knee. It's always fun to look at old pictures and bring back fond memories. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great gifts and a special neighbor too! What type of quilting are you doing on the Ella Maria Deacon block?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your feathered star and the nutcracker so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another whirlwind of activity at your place this week. Goodness, you are Wonder Woman! How sweet are the photos taken all those years back. Another Nutcracker to find a home for. You have quite the beautiful collection. How fabulous those sheets are helping your sore knee. I am amazed as to the things we can get nowadays to help relieve pain. Your daughter's table runner is a beauty, but then everything you showcase each week is a work of art. I must say I love the sound of a Mexican Feast, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of happenings at your place for sure! A Mexican feast sounds wonderful. I especially love the feathered star quilt. I am glad the microfiber is helping your knee. I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of happy memories in those pictures! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic post. You have been very busy and what cute projects you have been working on. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the quilt for your brother. It is gorgeous. That throw looks so warm and cuddly. That nutcracker is fantastic. Isn't great to be surprised with some old photos. Those memories are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blessing those pictures are! Your girls did a great job of gifting you with things that you wanted and needed. They must be good listeners.

    ReplyDelete