Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Virtual Cookie Exchange and Christmas Blog Hop, My Day

 

Welcome to my day of the Virtual Cookie Exchange and Blog Hop.  Many thanks to Carol @Just Let Me Quilt for hosting this hop again.  I have really had a great time the past two years I have participated, and am excited about the new recipes that are being shared in this blog hop!  

Making cookies for Christmas has always been a part of my life.  When I was around 12-13, my mother would hand me a list of cookies she wanted me to make.  She made up boxes every year and handed them out to friends, neighbors and family.  I have been doing this ever since.  

In prior Virtual Cookie Exchanges I shared family recipes:

November 28, 2018 I shared our recipe for fudge which I have been making since I was a teen here.  

December 5, 2019 I shared recipes for more recent favorites of Crunchy Peanut Bark and Gingerbread Reindeer  here.

I get emails each week from Just a Pinch Recipes, and this week one came on The History of Christmas Cookies, with some good recipes.  There was also a recipe for Chocolate Pecan Sandies, which I might give a try that have a Hershey's Kiss in the center.  

One of our other favorite recipes is Chocolaty Melting Snowmen.   I haven't found the exact recipe that I have.  Mine has melted candy coating, and doesn't say anything about large marshmallows, but everything else is the same.  The hats are made out of Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.   These are a big hit among my son-in-laws and grandchildren.




Be sure and visit the others participating in this blog hop.  I have included the full schedule below.  There have been some excellent cookies shared the past few days, as well as family traditions and quilting projects.   Again many thanks to Carol @ Just Let Me Quilt for hosting one of my favorite blog hops of the year!  

December 1

Creatin' in the Sticks

Doreen – Just Let Me Quilt Guest

Bumbleberry Stitches

Home Sewn By Us

Quilt Schmilt

Food for Thought

Life in the Scrapatch

Ms P Designs USA

Just Sew Quilter

Cathie's Craftworks

Cynthia's Creating Ark

 December 2

MooseStashQuilting

Karen's Korner

Sew Many Yarns

Selina Quilts

Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life

Days Filled With Joy

Words & Stitches

Just Because Quilts

Beaquilter

 December 3

Quiltscapes

Websterquilt

DayBrook Designs

Karrin’s Crazy World

Samelia's Mum

Songbird Designs

For The Love Of Geese

Stitchin At Home

Dreamworthy Quilts

That Fabric Feeling

 December 4

Just Let Me Quilt

Quilt Fabrication

DesertSky Quilting

Seams To Be Sew

Happy Cottage Quilter

Pumpkin Patch Patterns & Quilting

The Darling Dogwood

Kathleen McMusing

Scrapdash



19 comments:

  1. Those snowmen cookies are cute! I too get Just a pinch recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why those cookies are a hit - they are cute and tasty, I'm sure! How neat that you have been keeping up the tradition of cookie baking for so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, these poor melting snowmen cookies are just too cute! I'd be tempted to eat them all to put them out of their misery ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wanting to try melted snowman cookies and will now have a recipe. Thanks! They look like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those melting snowmen would be a hit with my grandsons...definitely need to make those! Thank you for sharing all the sweetness, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those snowmen cookies are just the cutest. I know they wouldn't last very long around here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute little melting snowmen. Really too cute to eat!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the cutest cookies ever! So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karrin! I'd say your Mom set you up for a lifetime of making good cookies! All the recipes you've shared look good but I am partial to making the melting snowman this year as I know my littles will enjoy them. Thanks so much for sharing! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only we were seeing our grandsons at Christmas...I would make those melting snowmen for them. So cute! Will save that recipe idea for next year and hope we'll see them then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those snowmen are just tooooo cute to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, those Chocolate Pecan Sandies sound yummy! I may have to try that recipe! Hope your week is going well, Karrin, and you get a chance to do your favorite baking sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look so cute, and I never saw that before. I love new things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cookies made me smile, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you have a talent for the cookie making. Those are especially cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are very clever cookies - just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so very cute. Looks like a lot of fun to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see, why they are a hit.
    My mouth is watering.
    Thanks for sharing your receipes.

    ReplyDelete