Sunday, December 22, 2019

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

The past three weeks have been chock full of hand projects, from Redwork to wool applique.

I have posted about these recently, but this  is for daughter Katie for Christmas.



I ended up doing the Redwork in this ornament twice.  Mainly because I goofed up and attached it to the picture frame backing upside down.  This time I got it better.



I also made a small mug rug for my sister.



And I made this mug rug for my brother.  He and his wife love lighthouses like I do.  I machine embroidered each of them a different lighthouse.  I still need to assemble hers and that will be the end of Christmas gifts.


I was happy last night to get back to the Buhl-Bushong Quilt.  I got 4 of these units hand-stitched together.  I have 4 more prepped to hand stitch, and I plan to get the applique prepped for the border, this month's assignment to finish border #2.



Hand Quilt Along Links

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretEmmaTracyDebSusan,  Nanette,  EdithSharonKarrinGretchenKathi,  BellaDaisy and Connie


I will also be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Pop on over there too and see what everyone has been doing.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. You creations are all so pretty. I love to see the hand stitchery especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such creative Christmas presents you have made! I love lighthouses too and I'm sure they are going to love their gifts. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really were able to get so much done!! Your family is so lucky to receive such well made and beautiful gifts for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy, such pretty projects! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a nice variety of projects to work on. The framed ornament really turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful projects and gifts you made. I especially love your red work. They are going to love their presents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your hand stitched pretties are lovely. The Christmas stitchery in the gorgeous frame is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meaningful hand stitched Christmas gifts! Lucky recipients! Have a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some of the miniature cheater cloth of the sampler blocks. What a cute idea to make it into a mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your projects ,my favorite is that rug. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wool project is a good design. I am drawn to pots of flower style designs.
    The frame for your ornament is quite nice. You will have a funny memory about the upside down incident.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of wool applique. It goes so well with the design. Your red work embroidery is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That fusible applique project worked out beautifully. Lots of lovely things to see here including pretty finishes. You have been busy, Karrin! Enjoy the weekend now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy you finished the gifts and are able to already enjoy some stitching for you!

    ReplyDelete