Saturday, December 07, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching



I can't believe how fast this year is flying by, the weeks are slipping away fast.  Time to check in again at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I didn't get much handwork done this past week.  

The reason for this was I spent 4 days making 9 different kinds of Christmas cookies, 3 of them I had to roll out.  Yesterday I spent most of my day making 9 dozen sugar cookies.  By the time I got to sit down and relax in the evening I didn't feel like doing anything.  But I finished baking today, so I can't get back to my stitching. These are some of the goodies I made.







Today I cut out the pieces for the project I am making my daughter for Christmas.  She wanted me to make this section of the Flowers, with 3 bees.  This was called Wooly Flowers Sampler.  

I got most of the pieces cut out this afternoon, but I noted when I went to take this picture I have a few pieces going the wrong way, or need to make a color adjustment on one of the flowers.  But I am pretty much ready to stitch down.


I also need to finish up last month's Buhl-Bushong assignment, and prep this month's which is to finish this border piece.  I just have a leaf, stem and the flower to do for last month's.  



I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  You can use the link and stop by and see what everyone else is doing.  I love to see what everyone is working on each week.

Thanks so much for stopping by!








12 comments:

  1. Your Woolly Sampler flowers are just beautiful; I am starting my first wool piece this week...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Look at all the yummy treats you made!! Nicely done!! Your Wooly Flowers sampler is progressing nicely; you should get some good stitching on that today. Enjoy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karrin... I love your cookies... wanna reach through the computer to grab one of those snowmen... or maybe a reindeer!!! and those kiss cookies look great too! All your projects look fun too... sew much fun happening in your life!

    Have a blessed week ahead! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies look delicious! The wool is looking great. Happy Sstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies are adorable and look delicious! The wool flowers are really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, not only do you create gorgeous stitching pretties you bake as well! All the cookies look delicious. Those reindeer cookies made me smile. Your daughter's pretty you are working on is coming along beautifully. She is going to love it. Enjoy your day of happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been so busy! Those reindeer cookies are soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those treats are amazing! I would love to make some of those reindeers... are they a gingerbread base?
    Enjoy your slow stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cookies look so very festive. At this time of year, it can be a challenge to find stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Christmas cookies! Yum. I used to bake lots and lots of them. Up to 21 varieties made in a baking frenzy weekend. Then I would make up trays for myself and husband to take to work for sharing. And for sharing with friends, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't started any holiday baking yet but I am sure getting in the mood. Love the reindeer and the melted snowman cookies. Really unique and super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cookies look delicious!
    Wow, the quilt for your daughter looks beautiful!
    Hope you got lots of stitching done!
    Barbara x
    (Visiting from Quilter Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching)

    ReplyDelete