Sunday, December 15, 2019

Slow Sunday Stitching



This year seems to be flying by at an alarming rate.  I have been caught up in gift making and it seems to be going even faster.  Time to report in for Slow Sunday Stitching @Kathy's Quilts, the weekly link-up for hand stitchers.  



I finished a couple of projects last night, these are at the assembly stage right now.  



My daughter Katie requested this for Christmas, and I finished last night.  I just need to assemble it with a backing and label, I'm thinking about adding a border too.

I also finished a redo of my Redwork ornament OOPS, that I attached to the backing of the special frame upside down.  



That v in the center  is the bottom of the frame back and I had it attached to the cardboard upside down.  It would make the ribbon on the ornament at the bottom not the top.  So I will pay more attention this time what I am doing.  

What I will be doing today for my Slow Sunday Stitching is to stitch this month's assignment for the Buhl-Bushong quilt, which is to finish this border piece.


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  I really appreciate this weekly link-up.  Be sure and stop by there and see what everyone else has been up to.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Lots of pretties, love the ornament! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a pretty variety of handwork to work on! Your daughter's gift is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is beautiful. So even!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt in the header! Your ornament is adorable. Your daughter will love her gift. It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The year is flying by, isn't it. 'Tis nearly time for a brand new one. Your redwork stitching is a pretty design and your daughter's gift, just beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday hand stitching your pretty Buhl-Bushong quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An elegant ornament stitched in red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wool work is gorgeous! I love your redwork piece, and the frame you've chosen for it is really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitching fingers have been busy! I've enjoyed your recent posts with all the finishes so much. Love the embroidery of course and it looks like you are definitely going to be all ready!

    ReplyDelete