Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Frolic Mystery Quilt, Redwork OOPS

Quiltville's Quips & Snips

I'm all caught up on the Frolic Mystery Quilt by Bonnie Hunter.  You can catch the details here.  I wanted to get it done this week before I got caught up in anything else.  Luckily this week was fairly simple.  



Yesterday I was trying to assemble the little Redwork I had done into this cute frame.  It has been in my Christmas things for years.  I tried to get a picture into the frame once and it was really difficult.  I loved the beaded frame.  So I took it apart.  I mounted the Redwork to some cardboard.



 And I proceeded to superglue the whole thing together and clamped it good.


It was at this point, I realized that pointing part on the back, or point in the cardboard was supposed to be at the bottom, because the frame has that little part on the back that makes it stand up.  That would make my ribbon on the ornament upside down.  

So I ripped it apart, am going to have to add some fabric around the edges where I cut off the bad parts, and try to assemble it again.  

I was so upset yesterday afternoon when I found this out.  I decided I'd better leave it alone for awhile.  



Will try again this afternoon. 

Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea for the little redwork piece. I'm sure it's going to look awesome when you get it sorted. This kind of thing happens so much to me I almost don't react anymore. My mom always said she knitted every sweater twice counting the time she'd made a mistake and ravelled it back and start over. Lovely Christmas cookies, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, it turned out perfectly in the end. =) That would have been disheartening!

    ReplyDelete