Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Christmas Surprise, Ella Maria Deacon Quilt

Right before Christmas I received a wonderful surprise package from my friend Susan @DesertSky Quilting.   Thanks again Susan for the wonderful surprise!  I couldn't imagine what the package was, and was delighted when I opened it!


There was a package of Heat and Bond EZ Print Lite, which I had been wanting to try, some bright cute FQ's, a cute little zippered pouch, a Book Lovers Soy Candle, a Moon Flower Mini pattern, a cute note pad holder with a note embroidered on the front, some machine quilting needles, Diagonal Seam Tape, and the cutest little Flower Pins!  I really appreciate these treats Susan, and thanks again!

For the past 2 days I have been working on the blocks for the Ella Maria Deacon Quilt for December.  This BOM is being done by Gay at Sentimental Stitches


Yesterday I worked on that paper-pieced bottom left block ALL DAY LONG.  I had some goof ups and had to start over on 3 pieces.  I do not like paper-piecing at all and I struggle with it constantly.  But it seemed the quickest way for me to do it.   The other 3 blocks I worked on Sunday, prepping, and putting the bottom right block.  That little sucker  had 3 set-in seams on each corner.  It isn't perfectly flat but I'm not doing it over.  



So today I have figured out the borders I am going to put on my Hospital Sketches applique BOM by Barbara Brackman @ Civil War Quilts.  I wanted to finish this top at least before the new BOMS for 2020 come out in a week or two.  There is going to be a pieced quilt called Yankee Notions you can read about here, and an applique one called Cassandra's Circle you can read about here.

Well better get to work.  Have a safe New Year's Eve!

3 comments:

  1. Your Deacon blocks turned out well. A couple were bound to be not too easy to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these blocks. This is going to be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love the block on the lower right, the one with the circle and hearts in the center! Wow, what a beauty!
    What a great gift from Susan.

    ReplyDelete