Friday, December 20, 2019

What I've Been Up To

I've been go, go, going for days now.  I think my Energizer has worn down.  I knew my sister was coming in today, staying with daughter Kristen and her family, and I have been trying to get most of my Christmas stuff done before she got here.  I've been making Christmas gifts like crazy for two months it seems.  This is what I have finished up this week.

Tuesday night granddaughter Kyleigh came over and I helped her put together a pillow cover for her mother for Christmas.  This will be her spring cover.  I used my new Christmas Accuquilt bird die to cut this out, and Kyleigh drew the flowers and leaves and we fused them.  It was her first fusible applique, but the project came out really cute.




Meanwhile Wednesday this week, I attended Ms. Klara's gingerbread house making party at kindergarten.  


I had made her teacher Mrs. Jensen a mug rug to thank her for all her work, and encouragement to the kids, and we gave her a cup filled with chocolates.  She really loved them, and sent a picture using them.




I had embroidered a pre-made table runner for daughter Kristen to use for Christmas dinner.  I decided the sides needed something too.  






I then added a back to cover the stitching.  I decided it would have been easier to make the whole thing, because I had to remove the backing they had because it wasn't even flat.  There were a bunch of wrinkles in it which I had not noticed before.

I finished up daughter Katie's wool table runner.


I got the redwork picture put together for my sister.




I made 5 pillowcases for each grandchild.


I also machine embroidered motifs for pillows for each grandchild.  Kyleigh has her pillow back at college so I just made a cover and she can carry this easily back.






I didn't get a picture of John's, but his was a husky just like I did for his sweatshirt.  

I also used my Accuquilt dies to make a couple of mug rugs for my daughters.



And a mug rug for a friend.



I rushed around this morning putting my sewing things back in my sewing room from the kitchen, cleaning house, mopping floors, doing laundry.  I also  have all the gifts wrapped, stockings filled, and cleaned up the wrapping stuff in the spare bedroom.

Now I feel exhausted, too tired to make the last 3 mug rugs.  For these I have also machine embroidered motifs, I just need to put them together.  But now I am too tired to do anything else and it is only 3:30 p.m!

My brother and sister-in-law come in on Monday to stay here,  but I have pretty much everything done, except grocery shopping.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  



4 comments:

  1. WOW you HAVE been busy!! Beautiful embroidery on your gifts...you need to de-stress and
    rest up ...I hope your holidays are warm and wonderful hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have had some of your energy! You made many, many gifts. I made none though I will gift a quilt that was complated last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrin, you have been competing loads,of gifts, and all so neatly done! Time for a cup of matcha and a bit of chillin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you were so busy! You make such beautiful things, Karrin. I love my own piece of Christmas in redwork. =)

    ReplyDelete