Friday, May 18, 2018

2018 Finish-A-Long, Q2 - 2nd Project finished


This week, I finished #1 on my Finish-A-Long list for quarter 2. This is a graduation quilt for our oldest granddaughter Kyleigh.   The project started out as swap blocks from a number of years ago.  They consisted of Laurel Burch's line Jungle Songs and black Kona cotton. I decided to add a panel from Laurel Burch's Ocean Songs with a mermaid, and I made a braided border.  I ended up making about 13 more blocks than the original swap blocks.  To be able to quilt it on my frame, I was not able to add any further borders for the outside.  As it was, I had to go back and separately quilt 4 inches on either side that was too long for my frame.  


Front




Back

I have no clue why when I bought the fabric for this swap I bought so much extra but I was able to use up a lot of it on the back of the quilt.  The quilt measures about 91 x 91 inches.  

Two more items on my Finish-A-Long list, and I have actually almost finished an item that wasn't on the list,  quilting a Wooly Flowers sampler, a UFO from 2007.  

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a stunning quilt! I love Laurel Burch and wish I’d saved more of her fabrics from back in the day. Your DGD is going to swoon over that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 PM

    This is also a great finish. You are on fire, Karrin. =) That's a wonderful quilt for her to take with her, and have a piece of home and you for when there's a tough day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love Laurel Burch's work and your finished quilt. Thanks for linking up to Clever Chameleon, I'm glad I got to see it. I expect this quilt will be very well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So dramatic on the black background! Congrats on your FAL finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is fun to see this sampler. My mom gave me several sampler blocks with a black background. This makes me want to pull it out and put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a dark background - wonderful finish! Thanks for linking up to the FAL, on behalf of the global hosts.

    ReplyDelete