Friday, April 04, 2008

TAKE IT FURTHER, APRIL

SharonB of In a Minute Ago has set the new challenge topic for April: How do you see change?

This is the color palette:

This is a tough one. On the one hand, change is hard in terms of growing older, and having to make suggestions to your elderly parents or in laws in terms of what you might feel is in their best interest, and knowing when to let them make their own decisions.

Change has also been hard these past few years in terms of my work situation. I am a medical transcriptionist by profession, and have worked out of my home for 25+ years. It used to be that I would pick up doctors' tapes and return them after I had transcribed them. Then several years ago I started losing accounts I had had for more than 20 years, due to the trend of the medical profession of going to electronic medical records. I could not afford the equipment necessary to do this, so lost accounts. An account I had for more than 20 years disbanded/1 doctor retired, and the remaining doctors joined another group who used one of these companies that use the electronic medical record system (and they pay really lousy). I have found a company that pays pretty good but nowhere near to what I made on my own.

On the other hand, the internet the past several years has made it really easy for me to research terms and drugs with regard to my profession.

I have loved the changes in my life regarding the additions of my 3 grandchildren, son-in-law, and the coming up addition of a new son-in-law in August.

I think this month I am going to use the color scheme, and make a little fall piece. I have the perfect frame!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:21 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes change is good and other times, well I could do without it. I'm making some changes in my life that require effort, like going to the gym! You kown, my body still aches! I just don't know if it's from getting old or from training! lol Now, is the colour pallete one that is out of your comfort zone? Looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Keep well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karrin....thanks for your sweet comment on my blog about my little landscape. It is really fun and not hard because the designing is already done by the photograph!

    I am so happy for you in your grandchildren and spouses for your kids....I can't wait for that! (My boys are 18 and 21). Those are great changes!

    As for technology changing and requiring adaptation...that is tougher. I have almost gotten to the point where I just want to sit back and watch the world spin along...but not quite...

    ReplyDelete