They posted the results of the CQI purse contest awhile ago, and I can now share my pictures of my entry. I was up against some really talented competition and I didn't place,
but I am happy I finished it up and tried my best.
This was one side of my purse. My whale has crystals on his fins for his barnacles. This part I did all by hand.
My original thought was to have a mermaid sitting on the bottom. I had a mermaid machine embroidery design I was going to attach when it was finished. (Too chicken to embroider right on my pieces and good thing).
My Bernina decided 2 weeks ago to have a nervous breakdown and started playing tricks on me. The first design I tried, it got off in the sequence of colors according to the chart and I put in pink for a shell, and it sewed out the mermaid's hair. I finished up the design, but it was off on another color too, and it ended up looking too stupid. This was after I spent 2-1/2 hours making 25 color changes.
The next day, I decided that maybe there was a flaw in the design, and I would try another.
The second design got to about color number 3 and it stopped and came up with an error message that said there was some sort of internal failure. I tried 1 more time but I only got to about color number 1. During all of this time, it had been breaking thread every other pass, despite changing multiple needles, multiple types of needles. I finally gave up on the mermaid idea and decided to just finish my purse, as it was down to the last few days. But it was frustrating. I picked my machine up yesterday and apparently there was a broken spring.
This is the other side of the purse.
I think now that the contest is over, I am going to add some more beading and things I did not have a chance to before.