Sunday, May 22, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching, Long Post

It is the three week check-in for the Hand Quilt Along.  A lot has gone on in that three weeks.

May 4th I flew out with my daughter and son-in law to granddaughter Kyleigh's graduation in Boston.  It was a long trip across the country.  We got to the airport at 4 a.m, but unfortunately for some reason we sat in the plane for an hour and 45 minutes as they had to reroute our plane because of weather.  This meant that we missed our connecting flight.  We were able to get another flight out of Dallas but 3 hours later.  We finally arrived in Boston and went to visit Kyleigh.

Thursday was her nurse pinning.   Friday was Baccalaureate, and Saturday was the graduation in Boston in a tent near the port, wind blowing up a storm.  We Californians were ill-prepared and freezing.   We were at the event for about 5 hours, 1-1/2 early to get a good seat, and then the event took awhile.  I figure it we were in the freezing weather for 5 hours.  Daughter Katie went and bought some hats and sweatshirts.  I finally put on my mask to keep my face warm.  It was a fun-packed 4 days, and then time to fly home again on Mother's day.

Regis is a beautiful campus, and all the flowers were blooming.  



Kyleigh's other grandparents also came and also her boyfriend Drew.







Sunday morning we had a little time on our hands and visited Boston Commons Gardens.




I was really looking forward to having some seafood while we were in Boston, but Kyleigh is allergic to shellfish.  While Kristen and I were waiting for our plane we were able to stop by Legal Seafood and have lunch before we took off.  I had a delicious mini lobster roll and a cup of clam chowder.  


When I got home last week I quilted and bound by last two Hands2Quilt offerings this year.  


Kyleigh and her dad drove her car back from Boston with all her stuff, but they made a few stops along the way including a roller coaster in New Jersey, an aquarium in Georgia and New Orleans and somewhere in Louisiana where they saw some alligators.  

Friday Kristen and I flew into New Mexico to drive with grandson Jaeger back to California.  

On my road trip I was able to get some slow stitching done.  I only had done January and February of this Gathered Blessings stitch along by Kathy Schmitz.  I was able to get caught up to June.


I was also able to finish up this one.



This will be my next slow stitching project, another Kathy Schmitz's One Stitch At a Time Embroidery Club.  




Be sure and check out the Hand Quilt Along links below.

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrinDaisy and Tracy

I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.  Check out what everyone is working out there too!

Monday morning daughter Kristen called to tell me she tested positive.  By Tuesday I had tested positive for COVID also.  I had 2 days of really bad pressure headache, and an extremely sore throat.  I had a little bit of congestion a bit of cough, but am feeling like I have just recovered from a slight cold.  I did have the vaccines plus booster.  I am hoping when I test myself next week I will be negative as I have some activities to do.  

Tomorrow, Monday the 22nd is the start of the Foodie Blog Hop and it is my day.  

Thanks for stopping by and hope you will visit next week for the blog hop.  

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you have covid, hopefully your symptoms will be gone by next week and you will be free to attend your other activities. Happy stitching, your embroideries are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've just been in Boston, too! The Public Garden was one of my favorite places. Congratulations to Kyleigh! It's wonderful that you could be there for such an important event. Beautiful stitching on your embroidery! I'm looking forward to the blog hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your granddaughter all the best as a nurse! It is such a very hard job. Both my daughters in law are nurses. They put up with so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Sounds like an action filled time! So nice to be able to see your grand-daughter’s graduation. You sure got a lot of embroidery done! All looking good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are sick but sounds like the vaccines worked to keep it manageable. What great photo's from Boston and congrats to Kyleigh. Glad you got some seafood while you were there. You made good progress on your stitching in all your travels making some great memories. Wishing you a healthy and happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karrin,sorry to know you got Covid. Thanks to the Lord you was vaccinated,and had less synthoms. Hope you feel better soon. Love your embroideries. Congrats to your granddaughter Kyleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting and colder than hoped for adventure, multi adventures :) What an awesome accomplishment for your granddaughter! All that and you managed to get lots of great stitching dome too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just missed the warm/hot weather in Boston. My daughter who lives there Facetimed with us from her basement today as it was 93 degrees and thundering and it was the only cool room. So glad you got to go to your granddaughter's graduation and then had a road trip with your grandson. All of your stitching is so pretty, especially those finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are on the mend Karrin. You have had a busy month, and still got plenty accomplished! You are a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karrin, what a happy post! And what special celebrations you've enjoyed! Your stitching is beautiful. Somehow I missed the Kathy Schmitz sew along piece for this year until just last month! I've got some catching up to do (like, from January to present), but I adore her designs so much. Are you doing yours in a variegated floss? At first I though you were doing redwork, but when I took a closer look, there appeared to be some color movement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiw wonderful that you were able to travel to take part in your daughter's graduation. Pretty embroidery projects you have on the go. And like you, I'm very partial to seafood too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Kayleigh and her family! You were in my neck of the woods, while I was in Maine. Sorry about the covid. I got it too when I came home from Rehab; my husband got it first, visiting me or shopping in cvs/trader joe's or the ferry. . Our experience was pretty similar and we both had the second booster shot. This one is a sneaky version, able to sneak past our vaxxed immunity. Hope you recuperate quickly!

    ReplyDelete