Sunday, December 04, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted.  I got busy with  preparing for preparing for Thanksgiving at my house, and having a house guest, my step-daughter Dawn came to spend Thanksgiving with us.  Grandson Jaeger was home from college and his girlfriend Cali joined us.  They also ate a second dinner at her family's house.  Also joining us for the first time was my son-in-law Jeff's parents.  His mother helped me set up the table the day before, and cooked the veggies and 2 pies, and a delicious appetizer.  I usually mostly cook the entire meal myself, so this was quite a treat!  Jan also brought 2 beautiful cornucopia flower arrangements.  


I made some new napkins for Thanksgiving.  



This was our entire group


Jeff and his parents


Keaton seemed to be loving his mashed potatoes.



Jaeger and Cali


My two daughters, and stepdaughter Dawn

-


 My grandchildren



This is a picture of my driveway on Thanksgiving.  Good thing it is circular and has entrances at both ends!  


Anyway we had a wonderful Thanksgiving and much fun was had by everyone.  Right after Thanksgiving my grandsons helped me get my Christmas stuff down from the attic, helped set up the tree, and get my Christmas houses down from the shelf in the living room.  

Last week our guild had a 5th Wednesday workday, where we get together at a local church and either quilt community service quilts, put together tops, some people put together pillow cases which we distribute to children's wards of hospitals.  I started quilting a small quilt, which I still need to finish.  I wasn't able to upload my picture for some reason.

I also made some of these hearts.  What these are for is for mothers of babies in the NICU to put against their skin to gain their scent, and then they put in the babies isolettes.  


Also in the past couple of weeks I finished up these Christmas ornaments and turned them in to our boutique to try to sell.  I found these mostly completed on the free table at a guild meeting.  



This week I have done a couple of non-quilt related quilt projects.    A friend of my daughter's and mine asked me to shorten and hem some drapes.  Grandson Keaton asked that I put his new patches on his letterman jacket.  



Friday night daughter Kristen's family and I, and Keaton's girlfriend Addie attended a Trans Siberian Concert which was fantastic and quite a show.   We got back to town quite late, and had a delicious late night dinner at Mel's.  



Next up in the coming week is to get my annual Christmas cookies made.  I have my list made and my ingredients purchased.  

I haven't had much time or energy to do any slow stitching lately, but hope to remedy that.  For Slow Sunday Stitching this week I will be working on this Kathy Schmitz project that I seem to have fallen behind.  The goal was to do one section a month, and I am a few months behind!


I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

Monday is the start of the Virtual Christmas Cookie exchange and also my day.  Be sure and come back and check it out.  

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family you have. So nice to get some help with the cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite a group you hosted for Thanksgiving! It sounds like was a lovely (and yummy!) day. I like your redwork ornaments - I bet they will sell well. Looking forward to the blog hop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Thanksgiving meal you all had together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:56 PM

    You had lots of company for Thanksgiving! Looks like everyone had lots to eat! Hope you are able to get caught up on your stitching. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice you had some help with the Thanksgiving meal and with the Christmas decorations. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a big Thanksgiving celebration! It looks like everyone had a great time. I like the ornaments that you completed for the boutique. I hope you get to work on your own redwork soon. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely family gathering. Your little ornaments finished up nicely. I didn't get as much stitching done as I planned either. Good thing there is no rush.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:27 PM

    I had so much fun reading through your post. I remember TG dinners that large but not any more. I am so glad you had such a wonderful holiday. I had friends who went to see T S O too in Seattle and I think it was right after TG. Are you in WA? Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post! So fun to see the family and all the fun you must have had. Love those large gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the family pictures and you really do a lot for your Guild! That must be satisfying to you to do so much! Have a great week-end. Hugs

    ReplyDelete