Sunday, December 04, 2022

Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange Starts Today


 


The Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange Blog Hop starts today and is also my day.  This is hosted by the fabulous Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.   This is the 5th year I have participated in this blog hop, and I think it is my favorite of the year.  The entire line-up is at the end of this post.  

This is the challenge this time:

Challenge: (recipes are optional)
You can share a recipe or not.
Share Christmas quilts or projects.
Tell us about your Christmas traditions.
Show off your Christmas decorations/tree.
Spill your funny Christmas stories.
If it's about Christmas, we want to hear about it!

Every year I make about 10-12 types of cookies and pack up boxes for my family and neighbors and friends.  I like to try a new one each year.  There are old family favorites that have to be made every year, such as typical Christmas sugar cookies out of a 1970's Family Circle cookbook.   I never felt like taking the time to roll out and cut out the cookies.   My husband John for many years made the sugar cookies.  He made them with my daughters, and grandchildren.  I took over when he was not able to do so any more.  Jaeger is now going to college.  



Another family favorite is fudge.   My recipe can be found here on the Virtual Cookie Exchange from 2018.  Another favorite is Crunchy Peanut Bark and the recipe can be found here.   Another favorite is the Chocolaty Melting  Snowmen, and the recipe can be found here.  


What I made new this year are Andes Mint Cookies.  Mine aren't as pretty as her picture, but they are very good.  The recipe can be found here.  



My house is all decorated with the help of my grandchildren.  



I've made a lot of my decorations.  The grandma and grandpa dolls I dress in Christmas clothes every year.  The large Santa on the left and the dolls behind him I also made long ago.  


I made the angel and the guy beside her and the big and little carolers I made long ago and sold at a Christmas craft fair.






I painted this sleeping Santa years ago too.  



This was one of my first quilts, and I painted the angel ceramics above them a long time ago.  



Be sure and visit the other bakers/makers below and see what everyone has to share.  Thanks again Carol for hosting this wonderful hop!

24 comments:

  1. Such warm and wonderful Christmas traditions, Karrin. Your home looks amazing and is filled with Christmas cheer. I bet the grandchildren love to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe I love peppermint! Lovely decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 1970's Family Circle cookbook sounds like my books! Those are the best ones, right? Your cookies look fantastic, Andes mints and chocolate cookies - yum! Your home looks beautiful, and I love your quilt on the wall with the nutcrackers and Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first quilt looks beautiful. So many lovely things in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Andes Mint cookies sound yummy, Karrin! So fun to see your house decorated for Christmas, too. I love the tired Santa with his feet in the bucket - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, sweet tour of your home. I love all the dolls and ALL. Oh, my, that's a lot of cookies to make - I admire your fortitude. I like to try a new cookie recipe each year, too. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually visited this post twice, Karrin. Half way through I got interrupted while looking at your photos on the large size. I really wanted a closer look at the village on the tables and the nutcrackers on the mantle. Also your hand work. What a display!! Beautiful and precious of course, the photo of your dear Hubby and grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it's certainly beginning to look like Christmas at your house. Love it! Those cookies are so darn cute! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house looks like a Christmas Village. I can smell cinnamon and ginger bread cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:52 AM

    Thank you for all the recipe links. I especially want to try the Andre’s mint ones. It looks as if you really have the Christmas spirit at your house. Beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so Christmasy in your house! I love those melting snowmen cookies and will definitely be adding them to my list. Your village is incredible...wow! Thank you for sharing all this goodness and helping us get in the Christmas spirit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love seeing your home dressed for Christmas. I know I've been there at least once when it was. You have made amazing things. The Andes cookies look great! I know they would taste wonderful, too. Beautiful post, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies are sew cute! Your house is definitely looking like Christmas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks lovely. So many good recipes. I don't do all that baking, but used to an always enjoyed sharing the goodies...maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Oh you really, really get into the holiday spirit!! I love all your cookie ideas but all that baking!! I'm trying to watch my weight and I could gain 10 pounds just thinking about those delicious options. I would love to give my neighbors and colleagues home baked goods, but I would gain 10 pounds myself at least in the process. Thank you for sharing your family traditions. They grow up fast, don't they!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cookies all look so good! You are all set to celebrate the holidays with cookies, quilts, and lovely decor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun home tour with so many precious decorations. Thank you for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home and Christmas decorations are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing. The Andes mint cookies sound intriguing; I may need to try this recipe. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful traditions and memories you have created wwith your family over the Christmases. Thank you for sharing them with us. And but of course I don't want to forget to thank you for these special recipes. i will need to try at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely post filled with sweet memories, great recipes and so many of your crafted treasures. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's oh-SEW-festive at your house!! Thanks for sharing the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so lovely. It was fun to read a little history behind some of the decorations. The cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved seeing all of your photos. I tried a new Christmas bar cookie this week and threw the whole thing in the garbage. The cookies never set up and smelled awful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. All pretty projects. I love fudge, and your cookies look so tasty.

    ReplyDelete