Sunday, April 14, 2024

HQAL, Slow Sunday Stitching

I think three weeks ago I was still sewing the binding down on my Ella Maria Deacon quilt, and I finished that, as can be seen in my header picture.  It is ready to go, except for the label, and the paper label I need to sew on for our quilt show.  

This week I have been stitching on the hanging sleeve of the my guild's opportunity quilt for next year.  It will be hanging at this year's show.  Next year our theme is red and white quilts.  


I found this on Facebook today, which was pretty funny considering our weather recently.  Several days this week we were in the high 80's.  I even had to turn the AC on one night.  



Today woke up to 44 degree weather and got into the high 50's raining all day.  We have several more days of low 40's and high 69. and then we are back into the 80s by Wednesday.  I am making multiple clothing changes some days.  

I did get outside and worked one day and sort of weed wacked my brick pathway which has gotten overgrown.  I like the low moss, but then it starts growing weeds.


The flowers are all blooming though.  Its a big mess back by the wisteria with weeds, overgrown naked ladies which I need to thin out and plant elsewhere.  



The geraniums need to be sorted out as well as the lamb's ear.  




The peppermint camellia is blooming.  


My sister was able to take the quilt over Mrs. Bush, my old childhood neighbor, who is 90+.  She loved the quilt. 


This was from the Star Kissed Quilt Along by Wedding Dress Blue.  

What I will be working on is this Kathy Schmitz stitchery for Slow Sunday Stitching.  


Check out what others are up to on the Hand Quilt Along.  

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  


Thanks for stopping by!  

8 comments:

  1. Your wisteria is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilts look great and so does the garden plants. Here too you change clothes mid day then the heat comes back on at night and the next day possibly the A/C or all windows open. Wish it would make up its mind

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll start with that header quilt...so gorgeous, Karrin and how sweet to have a photo of Mrs. Bush with the quilt. I can't get over all the bloom in your garden already, just awesome. And that Camellia is so pretty up close. Happy Slow Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon10:10 AM

    Ella quilt is show stopper for sure - she is gorgeous! Always love a red and white quilt, so classic. Love the trip thru your garden. That was really a cute posting on Cali weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there awards at your quilt show, Karrin? Your Ella Maria quilt should win one! Our Colorado weather has been similar - 80 degrees today - snow predicted next week. Your flowers are looking so pretty! Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:43 AM

    EMD was a labour of love. Gorgeous! Beautiful flowers on your garden. We are in the midst of doing garden clean up. The advantage of being retired is that it doesn’t all have to be done on the same day. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new header photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete