Monday, April 22, 2024

April Showers Blog Hop Challenge, My Day

 




Today is the second day of the April Showers Blog Hop Challenge, and my day.  This is hosted by the fabulous Joan @Moosestash Quilting.  Thanks for another great challenge!

The challenge this time:  Late snow showers, rain showers, baby showers, wedding showers.  What do you like to shower everyone with?

When the challenge came out, I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  Several years ago, Carla @Creatin in the Sticks designed a Happy Spring Gnome Mini Quilt for Thermoweb.  The tutorial and templates can be found here.  I had downloaded the instructions, and even printed out the templates on the Heat and Bond EZ Print Lite, but never made it.  I love gnomes and projects with gnomes always catch my eye.   

At the same time the phrase  "April Showers Bring May Flowers" kept going through my mind.  So I decided to cut that phrase out in iron-on vinyl on my Cricut.

This is my finished project.  I should probably have made the gnomes skin a darker tone to show up better though.



Be sure and check out what the other bloggers have come up with for this challenge.

Monday April 22

MooseStashQuilting

Words&Stitches

Quilting Gail
Quilt Doodle Designs

Kathy's Kwilts and More

 

Tuesday April 23

Karrins Crazy World

BeaQuilter

Selena Quilts

Songbird Designs

Just Sew Quilter

 

Wednesday April 24

Quilted Snail

Ms P Designs USA

 Days Filled With Joy

Quilting Between the Rails (Facebook)

Bumbleberry Stitches

 

Thursday April 25

Just Let Me Quilt

Inflorescence    

Quilted Delights

Vroomans Quilts

Scrapdash

High Road Quilter


Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. What an adorable little gnome mat. The quilt in your blog header is stunningly beautiful also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. he is so sweet. Perfect for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gnome in the rain! Really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that one from Carla...so cute! I love the purple fabrics in your quilt and using your Cricut for letters was a great idea. Thanks for sharing, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gnome is just darling! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your April Showers gnome is great! Thanks for sharing the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cute gnome, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:16 PM

    LJ here. What a sweet (?? if it's a gnome) project. I agree that darker skin tones would be better as they wouldn't get lost on the background. Glorious quilt in blog title. Wow, how excellent and intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute little gnome! Nicely done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that gnome with the umbrella and saying. Where will this little beauty live? I love the cricut for cutting letters!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharon11:20 AM

    Absolutely adorable - you crushed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww soooo cute!! It's perfect for this hop!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's so sweet! Thanks for sharing your gnome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun project, Karrin!! Thanks for sharing. I love gnomes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Making a project that was already on your list of quilts to make is a great idea! The gnome is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete