Sunday, May 12, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching, Happy Mother's Day

 


Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there.  My daughters are both busy on Mother's Day, but I did get to spend time with daughter Kristen on Saturday evening and brought two new succulents with adorable pots.  


Katie came over earlier in the week and dropped off a beautiful new orchid earlier in the week.  

I took a picture last week of one of my older orchids that has rebloomed and it is just beautiful.  


The past couple of weeks have been really busy.  First was preparation for the neighborhood garage sale.  I had some silver items up in the attic for at least 20 years I wanted to attempt to sell.  It took me 3 whole days to polish it up.  It started out looking like this.



This is what it cleaned up to be.  There are actually 2 candelabra but two of the scone things have become undone in the years upstairs.  

This was the day of the garage sale.  



I did Okay, people bought a lot of daughter Katie's items, and I sold two bikes and a LaCrosse net for daughter Kristen.  But the silverplate items did not sell.  I am thinking about selling them to a pawn broker, my daughters aren't interested in keeping them.  

Also last week I cut out some motifs on my Cricut that grandson Jaeger designed for his sister Kyleigh.  She ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday in Yosemite.  She ran with 3 of her nurse coworkers.  





This past couple of weeks I also finished the top of grandson Keaton's graduation quilt with the family dogs.


This week I attended my quilt guild mini group.  Our theme for next year's quilt show is going to be red and white quilts.  So my mini group is going to make a redwork quilt and we were each given packets with 3 cats to embroider.  



I have also been working on some of my Kathy Schmitz's embroideries with bees.




What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is this bee stitchery of Kathy Schmitz.   I will also be working on the redwork cat.


I will be linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what people are working on.  

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. You might want to check and see if a jewelry store might be interested in buying the silver pieces. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are on Facebook you could try selling the silver on Marketplace. I have heard it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the younger generations just are not interested in the silver stuff anymore. I have a couple pieces that really need cleaning and my heart just isn't into doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:13 AM

    I love all those Bee embroideries! So cute! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bee embroideries, Karrin! I think I have some of those put aside to work on, too. Sorry your silver didn't sell. The kids definitely don't want it, but maybe you'll find another place that would buy it. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty silver pieces; I am sure you will find the right buyer soon. I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. Enjoy your afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy working in your lovely embroidery pieces. Happy Mothers Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of good things going on in your world. I sold some jewelry at a buy gold/silver place. It is so much better than hanging on to it. I used it for my mad money for a quilt show I went to...totally worked for me. Good luck unloading...it is a constant battle.

    ReplyDelete