Friday, June 29, 2018

Boho Bag

When I joined the 2018 Finish-A-Long in Quarter 2, the last of the items on my list was finishing my Boho bag, which was just a pieced flap at that time. You can see it here.    I finished the bag this morning.  This happens to be the 7th one I have made, I have 2 others, I made 2 for granddaughter Kyleigh and I have sold 2 as commissions.  



This was the front of the bag after I finished the embellishment and added the trim.  The beautiful under the sea laces, trims I bought from Nicki Lee's Etsy shop Raviolee Dreams.  She puts together wonderful under the sea packages with laces, seaweed, shells, charms, fish, mermaids, seahorses etc. I have bought multiple from her and am always thrilled with the packages.  You just tell her what you are looking for and your price range and she will make you a package up.  


This was the inside flap, which I stenciled.  It reads  "She sits quietly by the Sea.  She held a seashell to her ear and listened to mermaid songs of the SEA.  Softly at that moment her Happiness floated like the waves of the SEA."


This is a vintage lace piece I sewed onto the front of the bag, under the flap as a pocket.  


This is another vintage lace piece I sewed to the inside as a pocket.



Its hard to see but there is another pocket here for the inside with a magnetic closure, which I concealed with a flower.  



This was a label I put inside this morning.  


Completed front


Completed back, with another of Nicki Lee's lovely dyed seahorses.  

3 comments:

  1. I really love all the extra pockets you made on your bag. I wish now I had added a few pockets on mine...oh well, I'll have to make another ...hehehee!

    The crazy quilted flap is awesome too!!
    HDW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bag, Karrin! I love Under the Sea themes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them and good to see your art . Yes pockets are a must in any bag. oxoxox

    ReplyDelete