Wednesday, September 19, 2018

SURPRISE DISCOVERY, JOHN'S CUSHION

Yesterday, as I was making my Fall Into a QAL block, I was looking through my landscape fabric for some wood grain for my shelf to put my jars on.  I found that, but I also discovered a container where I had another BOM, lighthouses, my favorite.  I forgot I even had this. I never started it, and I am thinking about putting these as a border for a quilt  I am making for my bed, with a lighthouse center, and sailing ships.  It has been stalled for too many years to count. 




Our grandson John is going to be 8 on Saturday  For Christmas last year, I made his sister Klara a little cushion with leftover princess fabric from her BD quilt.  He expressed a wish for me to make him a cushion too.



My daughter Katie, his mother, painted invitations to his party and they had a robot on the front.  So I I made him a robot pillow.





I also made him a pillowcase with robots and trains on it.  


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I love comments! If you are a no-reply blogger please leave e-mail for me to contact you. I have found recently, that with very few exceptions, everyone is a no-reply blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what makes it hard for me to clean my sewing room, I keep finding lost treasures I had forgotten and want to work on them right away. That cushion is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lighthouse quilt looks really cool! Nice that you found it :) It's almost like have a new project to start, isn't it? Love the cushion you made for John, it's really cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lighthouse project you found. What a treasure. And your new pillow is fun - great little project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just adorable. I remember when Regan was in the robot stage ... actually, he might never have left it! LOL What a little cutie he is. You have the prettiest grandchildren, all of them. I'm glad you found your blocks. Your thoughts on how to use them sound perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete