Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

The past three weeks, I have been doing all sorts of hand stitching, unfortunately I can't show most of them for about 2 more weeks during the I'm Falling For You Blog Hop.  My Day is the 22nd, which also happens to be my youngest grandson's BD.


Here are some sneak peaks




This week I will be putting the finishing touches on all of these projects.  The first project I will be quilting and hand sewing the binding down.  See what everyone is doing below in the hand quilt along.  

Hand Quilt Along Links


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrin, and Daisy


I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Be sure and check out what everyone is doing there too.

This week was another busy week helping my family.  Because my daughter and SIL were back east helping granddaughter Kyleigh get moved into her dorm for her last year of nursing school, I was helping out giving Keaton a ride home from water polo, and making sure  he had a good meal every night.  




Kyleigh was glad to see her roommate Mallytza again.  Wednesday night I made a trip out the airport to pick up Kristen and Jeff.  

Also this week I had youngest grandson John here.  About a month ago, there was a case of COVID at Adventure Club, after school care,  so Klara and John were quarantined at home, along with their mother Katie.  Klara came up with a positive test, had a few sniffles but that was it.  Katie had been vaccinated, but got really sick, and had a positive test.  Katie and Klara stayed home until this past Tuesday after having negative tests.  John never had a positive test, but for some reason, he has to stay home until next Thursday, 20 days after Katie's positive test.  It doesn't make sense, they go to the same school.  So John has been doing online school here at my house, and I have been driving him home at night.  

That's all I can think of right now.  I am thinking this week I may be signing papers for my reverse mortgage, and I will be glad to get that done, so I can think about getting my new roof, hopefully before the rainy season.  

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. You certainly are busy helping all your family out, Karrin. I am amazed you have any time to do any stitching. Your stitching for the I'm Falling For You Blog Hop looks as if it has a Fall theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pillow on your header!! Your sneak peeks look like a fun hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love that header! And I also love the sneak peak of the crow...perfectly primitive. You have been very busy with being a great mom and grandmother. They are all so lucky to have you in their lives and I'm sure the feeling is mutual! The Reverse Mortgage decision must have been a hard one...I know several who have done just that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure are keeping busy! I look forward to seeing the full fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis the season for fall projects. Cute header photo. I think I have a squirrel wall hanging somewhere around here that I need to finish! So nice to have so much time with your family members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fall pillow in the header! You have been very busy! I can't wait to see those finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sneak peaks of your fall stitching, Karrin! It's so great that you are close to the kids and can help out like you do. I'm sorry to hear that some of your family got sick, though. Hope they are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to read every one is doing ok after the COVID. It sure is a scary time. We had a scare but all turned out ok and then a granddaughter came down with it and thankfully she came out ok. Thankful we have crafting projects to see us through some of the stress of these times. Excited for your blog hop and I love your header pillow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those sneak peeks- just sew much cuteness. Sounds like you have been very busy which is a good thing. Have a great week and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can’t wait to see all your various projects in the blog hop coming up! I was under the weather all weekend but better today so thought I would stop in and say hi ! Good luck on that reverse mortgage and new roof !!! I guess your calendar is remaining pretty full but busy is good 👍… take good care friend!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete