Saturday, January 15, 2022

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

Hand Quilt Along, Slow Sunday Stitching

It has been another busy week.  A lot of my spare time was figuring out how I was going to make a Victorian House block for my mini quilt group with the quilt guild.  Everyone was making two different house blocks.  The ones I chose were to make were a lighthouse and Victorian house.  We are going to assemble this to raffle off for our guild.  The lighthouse was no problem, I found a coloring page to make my lighthouse block.  I neglected to take a picture of that one though.  The Victorian house was somewhat more problematic.  I found plenty I could make but they were too complicated to make.  After about a week of looking at images, and Pinterest perusing, I finally found an image I cut out on my Cricut machine.  I got it cut out and assembled.  The ladies at yesterday's meeting were pleased.    Me and my big mouth volunteered to do an apartment building for the next meeting which will be at my house.  I have a lot of yard clean up to do before that though.  


This week has been problematic for my daughter Katie's children.  First they were not able to go to Adventure Club, because someone in Klara's class tested positive.  So Katie asked me to pick them up after school Wednesday-Friday.  Wednesday morning about 10:00 Katie asked me to pick up John-John, his whole class had been dismissed, until next Tuesday as 8/29 kids tested positive.  John-John had Covid at Thanksgiving.  So I took him home and then picked up Klara after school.   Thursday I was just supposed to pick up Klara, but Katie picked her up early as she had a sore throat.  She had a sore throat last week too and was treated with antibiotics.  She got some more antibiotics for strep throat, and still has a bad cough.  Hopefully she is on the road to recovery now. 

Wednesday this week, I had a luncheon with the Single Ladies from the quilt guild which was nice.  

For my Friday mini meeting, I got this much done on this Ella Maria Deacon block.  


While I was looking for my landscape fabrics for the house blocks, I came across these blocks.  They are from a 1999 calendar by the Piecemakers Quilt Shop.  I had started this lighthouse quilt in 1999 and then set them aside.   Each year they would have a different theme,  and the quilt patterns came with the calendar.  I have about 5 of these calendars, and 2 of the kits.  I think it is beyond time for me to get this finished!





This will be my one of my hand projects I will be working on for the next few months, along with finishing up my Ella Maria Deacon blocks.  

Check out the other Hand Quilting Links below.  

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanetteSharonKarrin, and Daisy

I am also linking up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Head on over and check out what everyone has been up to.  

Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Love your little Victorian house, Katrin; it is so sweet. The lighthouse will be fabulous, too. I have one of those Piecemakers' calenders hiding away somewhere. I was going to make a quilt with lots of houses but never did. Fabulous you had a lovely get together with the other ladies. Goodness, your busy-ness keeps on, doesn't it. You are a wonderful mother and grandmother! Your family are very blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blocks with the pink sky, lots of tiny details there. I actually did some hand stitching this morning, sewing the binding to the back of a wall hanging that I started TOO many years ago to remember the date!!! Then I found lots more pieces, some sewn, some joined, to make at least 2 more.Motivation from your words has worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Victorian house block is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey karrin
    Hope you are doing well! You are def staying busy with kids and grands and stitching! Love your Victorian house you built! Good luck with the apartment block too!
    Sounds like you are enjoying the ladies group at your guild… I am glad :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lace adds great detail to your house block! I’m looking forward to seeing more lighthouse blocks as you make them. I hope your grandchildren are ok now

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Victorian house looks wonderful - all those fun embellishments really add to it! The bloks you showed for the lighthouse quilt are amazing, too. That sky fabric is really perfect! Hope the kids are all doing better this week - between Covid and regular seasonal stuff, they can't win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely victorian house, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Victorian house block turned out great, but the new quilt project, oh WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have had a busy week Karrin and I hope everyone is ok. I love all your projects but am partial to the Victorian house block...as in 'a painted lady' which they are sometimes called :) I love your new project too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder the ladies were pleased with the Victorian house. It’s wonderful with its lace trim and white shutters. Goodness, I wouldn’t know how to do an apartment building. You will be busy, but it’ll be nice to have the yard done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little house,so charming. Your calendar are lovely ,enjoyed seeing them ,will be looking forward to seeing more! Keep warm.��

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Victorian house block is beautiful. What a fun quilt this is going to be with all the different houses, including your apartment block! Do hope your family is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete