Sunday, July 21, 2024

Something Smells Fishy Blog Hop Starts Today, My Day

 




The Something Smells Fishy Blog Hop Challenge starts today, hosted by the ever fabulous Carol @Just Let Me Quilt.  Thanks so much Carol for another wonderful blog hop challenge.  

The challenge this time:  Make something with a fish in the fabric or in the quilt design, applique or pieced fish.  This one is easy for me, I have tons of nautical, sea, fish fabric and projects.  I fished up a project I started several years ago determined to finish it.

Back in 2020 I participated in a quilt along with Partners In Design, a group of designers/bloggers who did a By the Sea QAL.  I always thought I needed a mermaid in my final quilt.  These were my blocks from that QAL.  



The designers included

Designer:
Becca @ Pretty Piney
Abbie @ Sparkle On!
Becca @ Pretty Piney Quilts
Jennifer @ Inquiring Quilter



I found a mermaid pattern I liked, it was called Ocean Child by designer Laura Strickland on Etsy.  I also found a whale panel I liked, that was actually part of a tote bag panel.  I also added a couple of blocks as fillers, I cut out some sea creatures with my Accuquilt dies.  


I plan to add this border.  The fabric is called Sea Breeze.  I am waiting for my order to come in, and it hasn't arrived yet.  



That's my project.  It is almost finished, as soon as I get the border fabric.  I am really happy about getting this to an almost flimsy.  

Be sure and visit the other bloggers below, and leave a sweet comment.  

JULY 22

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Love seeing you work on this. It was a fun QAL and fun that you are closer to a finish due to the Something Fishy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful quilt! I love all the blocks with the ocean creatures! And, wow!, the mermaid quilt in the photo at the top of your blog is amazing!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt will be gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I don't think I ever finished that QAL. I need to check. I love the addition of the mermaid. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mermaid in the middle of the quilt. What is the size of that quilt? It sure looks long in the photo, but it could be an optical illusion? It looks great and it will be so beautiful once you get it quilted and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are such cute blocks, Karrin - perfect for you! I love how you're using them, too. Looking forward to seeing the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt top you were almost able to finish, and that finished one is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts look wonderful. Those fabrics are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great project and I'm sure you're feeling very accomplished getting it done to this point! I especially love the mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:55 PM

    LJ here. Love how you organized your quilt and the border is perfect. Ha, that mermaid is great, too. Do we consider her as half fish and half human?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:10 AM

    This will be a wonderful quilt when you get it done. So close and held up by shipping is so unfair. That mermaid at the top is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:48 AM

    What a beautiful job you did on the mermaid quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun blocks, I like how you laid them out. The border you are waiting for will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember that sew along. I think I saved the blocks. Your quilt looks wonderful. I was also admiring the mermaid in the banner.

    ReplyDelete