Sunday, July 28, 2024

SLOW SUNDAY STITCHING, HQAL

This past week continued with weather in the 104-108 range, which makes it hard to get anything done.  I did a lot of reading this week, trying to keep cool.  Luckily on Saturday we started out at 56 and only got up to 82, so much nicer!

This week I had workday at my house, only 4 of us showed up,  but we got 3 bins of quilts prepared for basting day in a couple of weeks.  

I had a bunch of zucchini and tomatoes ripen up, and I also did some canning this week, making a Sweet Smokey Zucchini Salsa.  


I also was able to finish this potato chip quilt top.  It will be a donation to an organization that donates quilts to burn victims at Christmas.    I told them I would make 2 quilt tops and this is the first one.


I am going to look through my orphan blocks and see if I can put together something else for the second quilt top.


My granddaughter Klara just got back from visiting her other grandmother in Arizona.  Monday we are going to have a sewing day.  I am going to see if I can teach her to sew.  


I found a simple pattern we are going to try. 


I have an old Touch and Sew Singer that John got for me when we first got married.  I will get it oiled up and have her practice some before we start on the project.  

For Slow Sunday Stitching I will be trying to finish up my Honey Bee by Kathy Schmitz.  


This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisy, and Connie


I will also be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.  Check out what everyone is doing there also.  


Thanks for stopping by!

 

8 comments:

  1. Have fun teaching your granddaughter to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely works--I especially like how your "Honey Bee" came out. I have a Christmas themed KS embroidery to begin...her drawings are so enchanting...Potato chip quilt top is really pretty--love how those yellows are dotted about...Nice job--Great photo of you and Klara...have fun teaching;)) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your salsa sounds delicious, Karrin! And the potato chip quilt top is delightful - so fun and colorful. Spending some time with Klara and sewing sounds like a lot of fun, too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:27 AM

    What a fun way to spend time with your granddaughter! Love the beehive stitching Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a fun week planned, Karrin! We had some of your hot weather this past week, 106 one day, which is really hot for South Dakota. Have fun with your grand daughter. That is a great pattern for a beginner with help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Love the mermaid quilt! I think it’s a great idea to teach the granddaughter to sew! Have fun and keep cool.🙂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon6:43 PM

    Those triple digit temps are awful. So glad to read it cooled down some. Perfect pattern for a beginner. You two are going to have so much fun. Love your projects, the quilt is wonderful and such a good cause :) oh and that delicious salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a singer FashionMate that I bought in 1971. It finally gave up the ghost, but fun that you still have that machine for your granddaughter to use. I did get rid of mine awhile ago, I think it had plastic parts that could no longer be fixed/repaired.

    ReplyDelete