Sunday, August 04, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 It was a busy week last week, including 2 days of sewing with my youngest granddaughter Klara.  





The corduroy was a little difficult for her to sew on, plus my old Touch and Sew machine was having issues, so the first day was frustrating.  She got about 3/4 of this one done, and I finished it up.

The second day, I had her sew on my old Bernina and things went much smoother and she finished about 80% of this one.



The first day granddaughter Kyleigh, fiance Drew and Maple stopped by to visit before I took Klara home.  


This week was our 5th Wednesday workday for community service at our guild.  I was able to make a second quilt for the Christmas Quilts for Recovery group for burn victims in our local hospitals.   Back in 2001 there was a line of fabric called Bonne Stratton Quilts for a Cure.  I bought the whole line of blue and yellow fabrics.  I was also in a swap at the time where different people made different blocks.  I still had 12 basket orphan blocks, and I put together this quilt for the comfort group.   The lady that started this organization came to 5th Wednesday and she recently joined our guild.  I was able to give her this one, and the potato chip quilt from last week.  



We are still in the 100 degree weather, and it makes it hard to do anything outside, though I am going to need to mow my grass in the next couple of days.

What I will be working on for Slow Sunday Stitching is hopefully finishing off the Honey Bee piece.  I have been watching lots of Olympic Events, and enjoying them a lot.  



I also need to work on my Woven Wreaths for August.  I will be linking up at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.



Thanks for stopping by!  


11 comments:

  1. It's so nice you're teaching your granddaughter to sew clothing. I made all my clothing for many year then got into quilting. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too bad the machine didn't work better for your granddaughter. That can be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to have your children and grandchildren stop by for visits - I wish I had that!! I bet you so love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Your granddaughter looks very proud of her sewing projects. A good sewing machine is key to eliminating frustration ! Wonderful embroidery as usual! Charity sewing is so soul filling! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such cute jumpers for Klara! I bet you had fun working on them together. The blue and yellow basket quilt is so pretty - someone's going to love it. Enjoy your stitching today - stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job she did despite the pesky machine. I love the woven wreath pattern this month. Very pretty. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry about the touch and sew giving up the ghost. My old singer had some plastic parts that weren't worth replacing. Glad you were able to sew together...so important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to sew and stitch with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sewing is such a great skill, and how fun to be able to work with your grand daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so productive in so many areas! That basket quilt is gorgeous and will make someone very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All wonderful projects. So wonderful to get to sew with your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete