Monday, August 19, 2024

It's a Jungle Blog Hop Challenge

 




The It's a Jungle Blog Hop Challenge started yesterday, hosted by the fabulous Joan @Moosestash Quilting.  Many  thanks to Joan and Carol for thinking up another challenge to use up some orphan blocks/and scraps.  

The challenge this time:  Animals, plants, trees, what is in your jungle.  

When this challenge came up, I knew what I wanted to use.  I had in my stash a panel of a lion that came with an elephant I had already used for a baby quilt.  I also had a bunch of large half square triangles from another project.


I used those for the first border my lion panel.  Then I used some leftover purple squares to make four patches for the second border.  I apparently didn't take very many pictures in the process of making this,  as it was a crazy week last week with multiple activities, including watching my 5 granddogs for 4 days while my daughter and son-in-law took two grandsons to colleges on either side of the US.  



I also appliqued animals in the four corners, and noticed when I got this far that the bottom border was sewn on upside down.  After some ripping I finally got this put together right.  


This is the finished top.  I will quilt this up and it will be donated to my guild's community service.  

The line up of bloggers for this hop is below.   Be sure to stop by and check out what everyone has come up with for this challenge!

Monday August 19

MooseStashQuilting

Ms P Designs USA

Elizabeth Coughlin Designs

Quilting Between the Rails

High Road Quilter

 

Tuesday August 20

Patchouli Moon Studio

Karrins Crazy World

Quilting Gail

Quilted Delights

 

Wednesday August 21

A Quiltery

Quilted Snail

Selina Quilts

Hazel’s Daughter

 

Thursday August 22

Just Let Me Quilt

Scrapdash

BeaQuilter

That Fabric Feeling


Thanks for stopping by!





16 comments:

  1. Cute quilt and I like those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little panel. I love the setting you gave it and those adorable appliques in the corners are perfect! You have had your hands full with all those fur babies! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt! Someone will enjoy receiving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really was a jungle at your house with five dogs to watch...wow! Such a good mom to do that (I would have done it, too.) Your quilt is as sweet as can be with the purples and applique animals. Love it, Karrin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah this is darling, Karrin and it is so wonderful that you were able to use some of the triangles from a previous project. The applique in the corners is precious. Beautiful job. I hope you have a great productive week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute quilt!!! It will be loved, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great little quilt, and perfectly on theme! You've reminded me of some big cat yardage I've tucked away. Your project is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweet lion cub is the cutest! Framed in purple, he/she definitely looks like royalty! You are so generous to donate this as it will surely become a beloved quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that cute?! I love the colors you picked to go with the panel. Someone's going to love this little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to use up your scraps. Those little mistakes are frustrating but worth the effort to fix. It is such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute way to frame the panel. Love the animals in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a terrific lion for some really sweet kid to hang out with. Great choices in your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute quilt and fabrics. I also love the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another sweet little quilt, Karrin.

    ReplyDelete